Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AveryMaurice

RESOLVED : Doomworld Avatar Fish, Quick Questions

Does anyone know where to get the outline for the avatar fish since I am making mine now. If not, what should I start with to begin creating the fish. I just need the fish body used in most avatars.

Thanks
Avery

You could easily make a template yourself, but if you're absolutely set on using a premade one I made this a while back.

Bank said:

You could easily make a template yourself, but if you're absolutely set on using a premade one I made this a while back.

Thanks, thats perfect.

What's the reason for fish avatars anyway, besides the nice blue background of Doomworld? The watery texture from the logo containing band above us? Is it copyrighted or can I use it in WADs (the water texture)?

The history has already been told in a previous fish topic (Not the one in blog but in general) I'm sad to see you have rid the avatar bank made you and used a slightly more generic crow instead.

And no the water above us hasn't been copyrighted by Doomworld but is by id. The water is just a hue modification to the water already found in the retail wad.

Technician said:

The history has already been told in a previous fish topic (Not the one in blog but in general) I'm sad to see you have rid the avatar bank made you and used a slightly more generic crow instead.

I know the actual history, but I found the ambience fitting for the proliferation. As for the avatar, well, sorry, but I rather like raptor birds. It's a raven now (smaller beak). The former was from a xenophobic/racist banner directed against our people. Too cute to let go in flames.

printz said:

As for the avatar, well, sorry, but I rather like raptor birds. It's a raven now (smaller beak).

Ravens aren't raptors. They are corvids.

Tell that to the crows that live around me. A raven came down from the mountains last week and the crows had him trapped in a tree. He was sitting up there calling for them to stop but they kept swarming him. Eventually he flew off. Hope he found peace elsewhere.

Dr. Zin said:

Ravens aren't raptors. They are corvids.

Well, sure, didn't know there was such tight grouping :P

Danarchy said:

Tell that to the crows that live around me. A raven came down from the mountains last week and the crows had him trapped in a tree. He was sitting up there calling for them to stop but they kept swarming him. Eventually he flew off. Hope he found peace elsewhere.

Must have been stupid enough to get near a roost, or got run off some lunch. Unless they are severely outnumbered ravens usually are the ones "running the show". They compete quite a bit for prime food sources like garbage.

printz said:

As for the avatar, well, sorry, but I rather like raptor birds. It's a raven now (smaller beak). The former was from a xenophobic/racist banner directed against our people.