Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Teleporters and Windows

Yeah, um, what the title says. How do you do it? I can get the WR Teleport {with Telething) to work perfectly. That's find and good. My problem is this:
How do I create more than one teleport? If I create more than one, then the other Teleport Entrance usually doesn't work, even though I've assigned all four lines of the Teleport Entrance the same Linedef Type-the Teleport to Tagged Sector one.
Help, please!

And another thing-how do I create a window? I've tried and tried to figure this one out, but to no avail :.(

Any help shall be most appreciated :)

The easiest way: open any of the original Doom levels in the editor and find out how it's done. It's very simple once you've figured out the basics :)

How do I create more than one teleport?

Are you trying to set up a second teleport with a different destination than the first? If so, the destination tag needs to be different. If you're setting up a second teleport with the same destination as the first, then the tags should be the same. Perhaps your linedefs are not pointing away from the teleporting sector? The front of the linedef must face the direction the player enters the teleport.

And another thing-how do I create a window?

1. Create two rooms, separated by a 64-unit thick wall (void space). Say both rooms have a floor height of 0 and a ceiling height of 128.
2. Split the linedefs of the separating wall such that you have a linedef segment on each wall that is 128 units long. Move the linedefs if necessary, until they are adjacent to each other.
3. In your separating wall create a small sector (say 32*32) right between the 128 unit long linedefs. Give it a floor height of 32 and a ceiling height of 96.
4. Select the linedef in this sector that's closest to one of the 128 unit long linedefs, and join it to that linedef.
5. Do the same on the other side of the sector.
6. Assign upper and lower textures to the 128 unit long linedefs. Upper and lower unpeg them if desired.

You now have two rooms with a 64 * 128 window between the rooms.

Dammit, man I've tried the window thing and I cannot get it
to work. Could someone give me an example, pretty please?
I'm terribly ignorant when it comes to creating windows:(

As for the teleport thing, I now have it working.

I just tried to email you an example, but it came back. Your yahoo account has been disabled. Do you have another email address?

Well, try this one.
It's tallj20@hotmail.com-I think that's right.