Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Just found this old tape while rummaging through my basement. Man those were good times, not a care in the world...

I apologize in advance for this video. I made this a few months ago as kind of a joke for friends. I don't actually speak like that. I figured since it involved Doom, I'd post it here. Oh, and it's kinda loud so turn it down if you don't want my fake nerd voice piercing your eardrums.

I like the way you didn't even bother to use a version without Thy Flesh Consumed.

Plus you can see blood decals on the walls and the fps counter from fraps in the corner when I change levels. I didn't even think about Thy Flesh Consumed while I was recording it, and just didn't care afterward.

Like I said: It's dumb.

Not to mention the JDTP, different sounds, different music, monster randomizer and nashgore - pretty much everything that would ruin playing Doom for me. The only thing which could have made it worse is MD2s.

Super Jamie said:

Not to mention the JDTP, different sounds, different music, monster randomizer and nashgore - pretty much everything that would ruin playing Doom for me. The only thing which could have made it worse is MD2s.

Good thing you're not playing it then.

...The music in case anyone wants to know is ripped from Gauntlet IV on the sega megadrive (or genesis) (1993)

I'm puzzled why it says "Bill Gates In Doom 2", when it's quite clearly Doom/The Ultimate Doom.

Reevys said:

I'm puzzled why it says "Bill Gates In Doom 2", when it's quite clearly Doom/The Ultimate Doom.

The guy made a mistake, he said he'd fix it but hasn't gotten around to it.

Ah, fair enough. I'd seen it before anyway, so I didn't bother actually going to YouTube. Guess I should have as soon as I decided to criticise him. :P

Mutiny 2.0 gameplay

More Mutiny 2.0 gameplay, with less fail this time:

What time is it, kids?
IT'S HITSCAN ENEMIES TIME!

Found in an eBay listing - I enjoy watching people playing badly and it doesn't get much worse than this.

Footage of eight-year-olds playing their daddy's copy of Doom is not what you want if you're trying to sell the game to someone. Seriously.

Woolie Wool said:

Footage of eight-year-olds playing their daddy's copy of Doom is not what you want if you're trying to sell the game to someone. Seriously.

Yeah, nightmare speedruns sells games.

A 'let's play!' video series me and my friend are doing... Only way to start of a new FPS showcase is with doom ;)
We had to try around five times to get a recording to work and sync up decently, so excuse us if we sound tired and unenthusiastic =P

eargosedown said:

A 'let's play!' video series me and my friend are doing... Only way to start of a new FPS showcase is with doom ;)
We had to try around five times to get a recording to work and sync up decently, so excuse us if we sound tired and unenthusiastic =P

I like these sort of playthroughs with commentary. I've never come across anyone who does Let's Plays of PWADs, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see your first one is of project I had a hand in. Selfishly I'd love if you stuck to just Doom WADs rather than other games, but I'll keep an eye on your videos regardless.

Ryathaen said:

I like these sort of playthroughs with commentary. I've never come across anyone who does Let's Plays of PWADs, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see your first one is of project I had a hand in. Selfishly I'd love if you stuck to just Doom WADs rather than other games, but I'll keep an eye on your videos regardless.

Antroid's done some enjoyable LPs of Knee Deep in Phobos.

And I agree, do moar PWADs. Chris Klie's Classic Episode would be cool.

Krispavera said:

Video with commentary.

By the standards of 1993, your video was practically a speedrun.

Some funny lines in there too. "Barrels blow up on contact." lol.

Ryathaen said:

I once wanted to make an "MST3Doom" series of videos or demos (but it was before Youtube existed so i was hoping to do them by "echo" commands in the console, which would take far too long.

It was also in the "good old" days when a map wasn't regarded as good unless 20 revenants popped out every time you picked up any item better than a medikit, the purpose was more to ridicule that than to actually have fun.

I opened a Youtube account a couple of weeks ago and have been doing a Doom playthrough. Here, I'm playing through E2M8.

Back with 1monster: This time it's kitchen ace and taking names!

Also, we have like... Sound! Quality is bad but thats my fault. Still getting the hang of the screencast thing (Remember that me and shade are using skype to do this, since we live quite a distance apart).

And the full video (If you wanna fav/subscribe /wink wink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wCLXe7m4u8

Krispavera said:

Video

That just made my day.

Anyone got a screen recorder that doesn't drop my fps to 5? I'm running on 1GB RAM and 1.3GHz processor. Is it me or is it the screen recorders I've tried?

Ninjalah said:

That just made my day.

Anyone got a screen recorder that doesn't drop my fps to 5? I'm running on 1GB RAM and 1.3GHz processor. Is it me or is it the screen recorders I've tried?

I'm not sure you're going to be recording much on a 1.3GHz CPU. The only resoulution I can record smoothly at is 320x240 on my 2.8GHz machine.

Yeah sorry about that, that was a typo. I meant 2.20GHz.

And i might have to try that, or is there anyway i can just transfer some skulltag videos into whatever format youtube uses, or do i have to record my demo, then upload it?

Do you mean a .lmp file? They aren't videos, they're demos - they're just a recording of keypresses and mouse movements for Doom to interpret. To get a video of it, you will need to record Skulltag or whatever while playing the .lmp. Oh and if you already haven't, try Windows Media Encoder for screen recording. Works well for me.