Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

This is abit of a long shot but can anyone here tell me what the better race game is.

I own an Xbox 360 and want to try a good Racing game.. im starting to tire of Action oriented games.. wanna try something new.. anyway! Im torn between Forza motorsport 2 and Project gotham Racing 4..

If anyone here owns both or either of these games what one would be best.. if it helps I like Fast pace driveing action like in GTA 4.. but I did play Grand Turismo 3 when I had a PS2.

I previously asked this on another Major Video game site but it just led to a Forza vs Grand Turismo flamewar.

Thanks in advance.

David_Dweedle said:

Grand Turismo 3

Them is some memories.

Anyway, sorry kid. Only game I bought in '07 was Ace Combat 6. Need For Speed: Most Wanted's the only racing game I had.

DuckReconMajor said:

Them is some memories.

Anyway, sorry kid. Only game I bought in '07 was Ace Combat 6. Need For Speed: Most Wanted's the only racing game I had.

never really got far in Grand turismo 3.. I played it with Dad in 2 player most of the time lol..

Also if I cant find a good race game im thinkin of gettin one of the Newer Tomb Raider games since ive never played one before.

Depends on your tastes. From what I understand ( and what little I played on the original Xbox ), Forza is more like Gran Turismo in that it's a racing simulator, while Project Gotham Racing is more of an arcade-style racer.

So, if you're wanting the racing sim experience, go for Forza 2. If you want a more arcade like racing experience, go with PGR 4.

Nems said:

Depends on your tastes. From what I understand ( and what little I played on the original Xbox ), Forza is more like Gran Turismo in that it's a racing simulator, while Project Gotham Racing is more of an arcade-style racer.

So, if you're wanting the racing sim experience, go for Forza 2. If you want a more arcade like racing experience, go with PGR 4.

ah.. Arcade would be more my thing.. but Forza 2s Career mode looks really good.. hmm... I guess I gotta weigh pros and cons huh..

I hope Rage becomes the better. I'm pretty sure it's actually Race with a liver drooling hanging on the C.

I played alot of Gran Turismo, I finished part 1, 2 and 3. I also played Gran Turismo 4 Prologue and the 2002 Tokyo Geneva edition. I also played the first Project Gotham Racing, but didn't really enjoyed that one. Probably because it was more arcade than simulation, and Gran Turismo had far more cars to choose from.

Project Gotham Racing would probably be your thing since you like arcade style racing games.

David_Dweedle said:

I own an Xbox 360 and want to try a good Racing game.. im starting to tire of Action oriented games.. wanna try something new.. anyway! Im torn between Forza motorsport 2 and Project gotham Racing 4..

If anyone here owns both or either of these games what one would be best.. if it helps I like Fast pace driveing action like in GTA 4.. but I did play Grand Turismo 3 when I had a PS2.

I previously asked this on another Major Video game site but it just led to a Forza vs Grand Turismo flamewar.

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on what sort of racing gamer you are. Myself, I prefer Race Driver GRID over either of your options.

I'm set to ejaculate to the point of infertility when GT5 comes out later this year. Damage, weather, WRC and NASCAR licenses? Holy shit.

spank said:
I'm set to ejaculate to the point of infertility when GT5 comes out later this year.

LOL

I can recommend Burnout Paradise if you want something arcadey. There's a ludricrous amount of content in that game.

Chalk up another vote for Burnout Paradise. Although it gets pretty repetitive. I've not gotten the Elite license yet because of that.

spank said:

I'm set to ejaculate to the point of infertility when GT5 comes out later this year. Damage, weather, WRC and NASCAR licenses? Holy shit.

This is the only time I've ever considered trying to get my hands on a console just to play one game. I'd do the same for Ace Combat but luckily they've blessed the 360 with their presence.

I saw a supposedly true GT5 car list that had loads of my favourites, including Ford Capris, Rover SD1's and even a Mitsouka La Seyde! Dunno if it was true or not mind.

Anyway, what i've seen of the Flatout series looks crazily fun, though i don't actually own one. GT Legends looks good too, i'll get it one day. I understand GT Legends to be very "simulationey", like GT, though.

Or for something a bit different try the old Runabout series. Runabout 2 on the PS was IMO the best in the series, though i haven't tried Super Runabout on the Dreamcast.

Nomad said:

Chalk up another vote for Burnout Paradise. Although it gets pretty repetitive. I've not gotten the Elite license yet because of that.

I, disagree!

Anyway, I absolutely hated Paradise, get Burnout: Revenge. Only 20 bucks, and is a helluva lot better than paradise... god i hated that game.

Mr. Chris said:

Flatout 2.

Fuck yeah. I loved both Flatout games. I hope there's going to be a third one.

spank said:

D:

Do want.

david_a said:

I can recommend Burnout Paradise if you want something arcadey. There's a ludricrous amount of content in that game.

Nomad said:

I personally can't stand Burnout. The first three I played suffered from serious rubberband AI syndrome, which kills pretty much any racing game for me. I dunno if the later titles fix that, though. However, I'm not about to spend my money to find out. :V

David_Dweedle said:

Looks like you got a Burnout flamewar instead.

Anyway, just found out they got Ferraris for GT5. Cool.

Nems said:

I personally can't stand Burnout. The first three I played suffered from serious rubberband AI syndrome, which kills pretty much any racing game for me. I dunno if the later titles fix that, though. However, I'm not about to spend my money to find out. :V

I've only played the last few myself. I can vouch that Burnout 3: Takedown didn't really have that problem until you got near the end of the game but that's mostly because by that time the streets are clogged with traffic and you crash every ten feet anyway. Burnout Revenge was fine.

Paradise has no such problem at all. It would be impossible considering that you can take any route through the city you like. Actually, I think it's kind of a little too easy. The only exception is with the Marked Man game mode where you have to race to a destination while other cars are trying to take you out; kind of a reversed Road Rage.

DuckReconMajor said:

Gran Turismo 3
Them is some memories.

Tell me about it hey, my friends and I were all complete fiends for that game when it was out. So so so many nights just spent sitting around drinking and doing laps together. Good times :)

Mr. Chris said:

Flatout 2.

This. Flatout: Ultimate Carnage is also on the 360, which has more content than Flatout 2. Both are really awesome games though. I find myself playing them a couple hours a day. Definitely my favorite racing games so far.

Wipeout HD Fury for Playstation 3 is currently at the top of my list of racing games for the time being. It's downloadable through the Playstation Network, and is totally worth checking out if you're a fan of really fast-paced racing games.

David_Dweedle said:

Fast pace driveing action like in GTA 4

Haha