Lobby2
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/UndoingEarth/M1%20Lobby/DOOM0002.png

Balcony view
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/UndoingEarth/M1%20Lobby/DOOM0001.png

Boiler room
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/UndoingEarth/M1%20Lobby/DOOM0004.png

Roof
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/UndoingEarth/M1%20Lobby/DOOM0006.png

of course there are 2 bed rooms you may enter, two hallways, and elevator and 2 extra rooms you may enter that are not shown

sorry for the large pictures...im lazy
>_<

Hi Skrying,

I like the roof shot the most. Perhaps you can put neighbouring buildings in to give that enclosed "city" feel. The boiler room shot looks like it would benefit from a much darker setting with dull and specific bright lighting to highlight the items contained inside.

Cheers,

-t

Actually I kinda like the look of most of those screenies. A bit 'blocky' if you know what I mean, but it looks pretty original and has lots of potential to be a good level.

I dont think the green marble and red marble go well together. I suggest you make the red marble green or gray or something like that.

traversd said:

Hi Skrying,

I like the roof shot the most. Perhaps you can put neighbouring buildings in to give that enclosed "city" feel. The boiler room shot looks like it would benefit from a much darker setting with dull and specific bright lighting to highlight the items contained inside.

Cheers,

-t

i would love to add buildings like i did for the windows in the lobby but i cant

and i will turn down the lighting in the boiler room...for some reason i never thought of doing that

and ty every one for there thoughts and opinions and i will keep your ideas in mind when working on the map

Those pillars in the Lobby look like they might obstruct movement. Freedom of movement is key in a DM level, I'd remove them, or make them circular and farther apart. Otherwise I like what I'm seeing!

Patrick said:

Those pillars in the Lobby look like they migh obstruct movement. Freedom of movement is key in a DM level, I'd remove them, or make them circular and farther apart.

yeah they look that way but from testing i can walk in between them fine and seem to give some cover in a fight but idk yet once i start testing the map with actual players i will see if they need to be re-arranged.

Patrick said:

Freedom of movement is key in a DM level

Finally. I mean seriously, what bearing does the colour of the marble have on anything?

Please tell me those pipes in the boiler room aren't blocking. It looks like it'd be a nightmare to traverse if they are. The item placement seems pretty sensible looking anyways.

Cybershark said:

Please tell me those pipes in the boiler room aren't blocking. It looks like it'd be a nightmare to traverse if they are.

Yeah. If they are, I'll never be able to get in there.

Cybershark said:

Finally. I mean seriously, what bearing does the colour of the marble have on anything?

How professional your map looks and the number of people who will like the screenshots enough to download it.

Cybershark said:

Please tell me those pipes in the boiler room aren't blocking. It looks like it'd be a nightmare to traverse if they are. The item placement seems pretty sensible looking anyways.

well the point of that room is to look very hectic but once you get in there its very easy to "traverse". its a simple maze type room with 2 points to the room. the 3 armor bonus and shot gun shell box (the shot gun can be found on the balcony) and the switch to lower the boiler to get the rocket launcher on top

there are two ways to get to and from the doorway... (ie if you do everything right it makes a nice little path)

and yes balance is the key to any good DM TDM or CTF map

Ok, well just don't feel like you have to cram too many irritants into that Boiler room. Cramped maze + low visibility + darkness sounds like too much to me.

As for the OMG-mismatched-marble issue, I guess the screenshot is a double-edged sword. But really I think I'd be much more inclined to check out a map with clashy looking colours than I would a map that was all in one colour. Besides, that says sod-all about 'professionalism' - maybe the mapper is colourblind or has a really shitty monitor :P

Cybershark said:

Ok, well just don't feel like you have to cram too many irritants into that Boiler room. Cramped maze + low visibility + darkness sounds like too much to me.

well the color issue is fixed and i think i know a way to make the room appear less cluttered but still tins and hectic

that boiler room gets the idea across, but it looks cramped, i'd personally change the color of the walls to more of a grey color, keep the pipes and such and just make them passable so the player can walk right through them. I'd happily beta test :D