Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evanmontegarde

Doom Builder 2 crashes with custom sprites from XWE

I am making a map in Doom Builder 2 and using XWE and Decorate to have some extra decorations. I can merge the wads fine and the sprites appear in Doom Builder, but trying to test the map does not work when I place the sprite. The game doesn't seem to finish loading and crashes.

This is the screen that I see. The music does load and plays fine, but the game freezes at here.

This is what it looks like in Doom Builder. The sprite is a tree taken from Hexen using XWE. The same crash occurs with any sprite.

This is the code Decorate gave me, saved as DECORATE.lmp and merged into the wad.

actor TRE5 3136
{
Game Doom
Height 185
Radius 72
States
{
Spawn:
TRE5 A 0
Loop
}
}

The 3136 is just a random number I picked.

I am using GZDoom but the same error occurs if I try to run the wad in ZDoom. I'm using the ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format) configuration for Doom Builder.

evanmontegarde said:

I can merge the wads fine and the sprites appear in Doom Builder, but trying to test the map does not work when I place the sprite. The game doesn't seem to finish loading and crashes.

So why did you set the topic to "Doom Builder 2 crashes..."? Should probably more something like "My DECORATE fails it".

Your DECORATE script is at fault. Try this instead -

actor TRE5 3136
{
Game Doom
Height 185
Radius 72
+SOLID
States
{
Spawn:
TRE5 A -1
Stop