Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

first of all....can any1 tell me how 2 play another persons wad on my game of DOOM
2nd, how do you download DOOM builder 2?

Tiberius said:

first of all....can any1 tell me how 2 play another persons wad on my game of DOOM

Download the persons wad, and load it in your source port of choice. Not all source-ports work the same way, but any that are zdoom based will allow you to just drag 'n drop the wad file over the application to run it.

Tiberius said:

2nd, how do you download DOOM builder 2?

By... clicking the download link? Your question is far to vague.

What version of zdoom are you using. Also you can always try to run it in skulltag, that sometimes will run things that zdoom won't.

I hav doom 2....can u play hockey.wad on that? if so tell me how 2 put it on there (wat box 2 put it in, how 2 put it in there, etc.)

uh....I can figur out how 2 do that....I try 2 drag it but that circle with a line thru it appear.....& wen i try & wen I drag the icon it only pulls up zdoom

You drag the wad over the zdoom icon, not the zdoom icon over the wad. And you should also check the wad's .txt file to see the wad's intended source port, and if the wad is made for a specific map other than MAP01, then you'll need to cheat to get to that level.

How did you manage to successfully sign up to this forum but not be able to load a PWAD?

cuz I lov doom.....& cuz I wanted 2 lern how 2 upload wads lol...& I did drag hockey ovr zdoom & it just opend up zdoom

dammit.....still dont wrk......IM PLAYIN IT ON FRIKKIN VISTA!!!!!!!! THATS WAT IT WAS MADE 4!!!!!!!!!!

1. Download hockey.zip and save it to the folder you have Doom installed in.
2. Go to your Doom folder and extract the hockey.zip.
3. Drag hockey.wad to the ZDoom icon.

Tiberius said:

If you're using a port...:

- run the Command Prompt (from "Accessories" probably)
- type the drive letter where you've installed the port, followed by a colon (example: d: ) and press ENTER
- go to the folder where you've installed the port, using chdir or cd (example: cd\doom2\choco)
- write the name of the port followed by -iwad and the path/filename of the main WAD, followed by -file and the paths/filenames of the downloaded WADs. (example: chocolate-doom -iwad ..\doom2.wad -file ..\wads\requiem.wad ..\wads\reqmus.wad ) and press ENTER

If you're using vanilla Doom:

- run DOSBox (or download it if you lack it)
- type mount d d:\ or mount c c:\ or anything, depending where you installed Doom.
- type d: or c: on same condition as above.
- go to the Doom folder (example : cd doom)
- run Doom with the PWADs (example: doom -file wads\dodead.wad)

Sorry to be this verbose, but I feel you asked a very basic question.

printz said:

If you're a Windows user: read the Doom FAQ or the Doom readme file! The WAD loading method was known since Doom was created. Load the Command Prompt, go to the Doom folder, and say...

That's all nice and fine, but if dragging and dropping is too complicated for our friend here, the command line would probably give him nightmares. :P