Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotpockets

Viewing doom maps?

40oz said:

Yes.

-_-. can you tell me how or give me a link to a tutorial on how to? BTW im talking about in doom builder

just open the desired wad in the program? I don't ahve plutonia.wad on this pc, but i was able to open doom.wad and doom2.wad and it worked just fine (if necessary, you will have to configure the program to read vanilla doom format. If you don't know how to do it, see it here)

Open Doombuilder 2, Click:

File > Open Map... > Doom2.wad or Plutonia.wad

It's really not nearly as complicated as you are making it. And you are probably the first to ask for a tutorial on how to do it.

40oz said:

Open Doombuilder 2, Click:

File > Open Map... > Doom2.wad or Plutonia.wad

It's really not nearly as complicated as you are making it. And you are probably the first to ask for a tutorial on how to do it.

Well im super new to doom builder. Im using to the half life editing thing. its very different

hotpockets said:

Well im super new to doom builder. Im using to the half life editing thing. its very different

99 % of programs open files the same way.

Jodwin said:

99 % of programs open files the same way.

im not talking about opening them. In half life, you cant view maps that valve made in the editor. i didnt know if you could or not with doom

There is a nice thing called "Trying Anyways". You should try (no pun intended) it sometime. Usually it doesn't have bad results if it fails, and hey, if it works it saves you time :P