Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seemo1213

Doom on nokia

Heh, Symbian phone.

Nothing new here, moving right along.

well if there were other versions for sony ericsson ect, i would post. the only ones i know of are for nokia and iphone

That's because those phones use Symbian and Mac OS, which allow coding applications and games in C and native code, close to the hardware. This also makes porting Doom relatively easy. If you find other phone-specific ports, they will invariably be Symbian ports.

On the other hand, so far there have been no truly functional cross-platform Java versions of Doom, mobile or otherwise that could work on most modern Java-enabled cell phones or in web browsers.

I could never get c2doom working well (or edoom working at all) on either of the Symbian phones I've owned. Hopefully someone will find this useful.

As far as phones go, there's also Doom for Android, which is a port of PrBoom with a launcher and touch controls. Works smoothly on my G2 (HTC Magic) and there are YouTube videos of the G1, though the touch controls are kinda rubbish. Will play any PWAD that PrBoom on PC does.

Super Jamie said:

I could never get c2doom working well (or edoom working at all) on either of the Symbian phones I've owned. Hopefully someone will find this useful.

As far as phones go, there's also Doom for Android, which is a port of PrBoom with a launcher and touch controls. Works smoothly on my G2 (HTC Magic) and there are YouTube videos of the G1, though the touch controls are kinda rubbish. Will play any PWAD that PrBoom on PC does.

sounds cool to me :P i was always a fan of htc even though i never had one.. its just the quality of the screens that i like (like the htc touch hd and stuff)

seemo1213 said:

hey
i made this cool tutorial on youtube on how to put doom on your nokia phone u shud check it out fellow doom fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sszxkf23uQQ
ALSO proof that it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HSd9mmY3rs

EDIT: the first link wasnt working. fixed that

I give you 1 Free Internets for your excellent choice of song on the first video :D

P.S. Thanks For The Tutorial