Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jute

Fabbers

Dang, I saw the title and though it said fappers and I got all excited. :(

I know of some workshops that use similar machines to make models out of foam and they're pretty sweet. I wouldn't have any use for one at home though.

Yes, one of the required intro classes at my college was some kind of CAD class (not much use to a CS major, but whatever). There were two assignments that got printed on one of those crazy things.

The one my school had used a kind of waxy plastic. The resulting models are decently solid with fairly impressive detail, although they feel a bit slippery. My models have sagged a bit over the years.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you're talking about doing it at home :) Can't say I've ever heard of anyone making something like that.

I prefer plasticine or Lego for this sort of stuff.

My computer class in high school had one of these in the room for another class. They'd make gears and stuff with it and a small thing took over an hour for it to make, so it was always printing.

If I had the money I would totally buy a 3D printer. I think I would make some of my own Doom mini-figs :)

Why do I have a feeling that people will sit on the platen glass, and copy their butts?

Just what we need.....

As for tech stuff, that is a good thing!