Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

damn it!

if it is one thing that sucks it is a killer back ache. hell i dont know what caused it. i go to sleep in study hall and then it felt like i got kicked in the back by a cyberdemon. pisses me off to cause all i could do was lay down. i coundn't even sit at the computer for a while till now. oh well a good game of doom will make me feel better.

doctors note "go home and play doom for 5 hours stirght and all pain will be forgotten, physical and emotional"

Playing Doom always makes me tense-up...It can be an adrenaline-rush game, I tell ya...

Doom relaxes me. It's familiar and cosy. I've played so much Doom I feel I know all the charcters.

The Sims relaxes me...I mean, uh...yay violent games!

Finally...Dan's true colors surface... ;-}

My heart doesn't have much. Just some blood and nitrogen bubbles, and some plaque, and cholrine.

And a centauri O-bomb. (Ever watch Impostor?)

Doom relaxes me. It's familiar and cosy. I've played so much Doom I feel I know all the charcters.

Well said! But Doom is still good for surprises with all the add-ons in the making. Anyway, I recently installed the "Blood" shareware, played it through (took me some time, its pretty hard). It was fun for some time, but then it became boring. It is always the same: First it is new, interesting and challenging, but at the end I come back to Doom :)

hey Peter Heinemann ,you are mac user,right?i think you should have ever played Marathon.(in comparison with DOOM)what do you think of it?is there a shareware and source port to work with pc?

hey Peter Heinemann ,you are mac user,right?i think you should have ever played Marathon.(in comparison with DOOM)what do you think of it?is there a shareware and source port to work with pc?

dark-tenshi

Marathon? Yup, I have played it from the day it came out on the Mac. You know, Marathon 1 was only released for the Mac, also Marathon Infinity and the various spin-off´s like "Marathon Evil", "Marathon Tempus Irae" and "Marathon Rubicon (comes also with OpenGL). Only Marathon 2 "Durandal" came out also for the PC (in fact it is a "Hybrid CD, that holds both the Mac and the PC version).

The playable demo is available at 3dgamers

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/marathon2/

When Marathon came out in 1994/1995 (Marathon 2 in 1995), its machine was superior to Dooms in various aspects: Mouselook, 16bit sound, stereo, Ambient sound (Marathon 2), deep and swimmable water (Marathon 2), various video modes, sending messages to multiplayer game opponents over the microphone, realistic weapon physics (true ballistic grenades), information terminals that are most important to fulfill the game´s goals, and, and...

But Id simply had the better artist and Doom´s graphics are looking far better (in my opinion). That´s why I stick to Doom and prefer it in comparison. Marathon always had its own universe, its own speech and terminology. And a very loyal fan community. Marathon fans usually state, that Marathon is more "brainy" than Doom - but that is bullshit, both games are made for killing. Marathon´s terminal stuff is sometimes interesting to read, but later it becomes annoying. A con in Marathon is, that the various weapons are not assigned to keyboard keys, you can only hit the "next weapon" and "previous weapon" key, and that can be highly unenjoyable when you are in an elevator and an alien joins you. Then you will have to go through the whole arsenal and when you choose the rocket launcher by accident: Loose!

Marathon Infinity had a terrific level design (some level can take weeks to finish and to solve all the puzzles). Some of the levels are to be done in vacuum. Excessive use of rocket and grenade hopping.

Btw: Marathon was Bungie´s (the company that made "Halo") first success in games (after "Minotaur" a sidescroller network game").

I should give this post a better structure, but I am too lazy. I have some comparisons between Doom and Marathon, maybe I should post them.

My advise: Go download the demo, it´s worth the time :)

if it is one thing that sucks it is a killer back ache. hell i dont know what caused it. i go to sleep in study hall and then it felt like i got kicked in the back by a cyberdemon. pisses me off to cause all i could do was lay down. i coundn't even sit at the computer for a while till now. oh well a good game of doom will make me feel better.

doctors note "go home and play doom for 5 hours stirght and all pain will be forgotten, physical and emotional"

In a article in a Mens Health magazine I have it says that Video Games DO relive pain. Cool!

In a article in a Mens Health magazine I have it says that Video Games DO relive pain. Cool!

When I'm pissed off I go frag some lamer on Zdaemon.

So I guess you're happy that Ralphis is around a lot? :P

So I guess you're happy that Ralphis is around a lot? :P

Ralph doesn't play a lot of Zdaemon, and he's a pretty good player anywho.

Not like you. You just die a lot.

Not like you. You just die a lot.

From the flurry of stray rockets and BFG shots always headed his way during coop? :P

Yeah, and shoving pins into your skin relieves a lot of emotional pain. I suggest you try it. It's fun.

I read somewhere that sex releases endorphins that easily cure headaches.

so like

next time your gf says "sorry, i'd like sex, but i've got a headache"

you say "BITCH, that wont work this time! UP AGAINST THE WALL, WE WILL GET RID OF THAT HEADACHE!"

I read somewhere that sex releases endorphins that easily cure headaches.

so like

next time your gf says "sorry, i'd like sex, but i've got a headache"

you say "BITCH, that wont work this time! UP AGAINST THE WALL, WE WILL GET RID OF THAT HEADACHE!"

I read that too.

...up against the wall...

ROFLMAO! Last time we tried that she banged the back of her head on the wall and was mad at me all evening!!