Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Great names

sometimes my friends and I just write random names back and forth in AIM.

Niles Liberticus Fistburn
Donnie Benetucci
Jonathan Van Avery
Miles Mendes

Scet said:

STOP QUOTING VIDEOS, DUMBASS

I think i read somewhere that that movie was actually dodgy pro-aparthied propaganda.

Then again that was probably from reds who would take the fact it came from South Africa during aparthied and being "pro" simply because it wasn't blantantly "anti".

I was in the graveyard of an Anglican cathedral the other day and the first four names I saw were Brown, Gray, Whyte, and Lemon.

My friend, who has a normal name, actually and genuinley went to school with a girl called Philipa Whole.

I know a guy called Andrew Peacock. (Drew Peacock) I kid you not.

Of course, as a teacher, I've come across some real crackers of names or just odd ones like a kid called "Chance" because there was a chance he wouldn't survive or the woman who named her 9 kids in alphabetical order. People with exotic forenames but with very pedestrian surnames always amuse me. Then there was the student teacher called Mr Bottom who changed his name. LOL

My girlfriend did a print job just yesterday for Mike Hunt Car Sales, no joke.

At a supermarket near where I grew up, the grocery manager's name was Wayne King, which was always up on the friendly "get to know the staff" portrait thing at the entrance.

There's a client contact at my work who pops up from time to time named Richard Face.

My mom worked with a lady named Ima Hogg. :/

Also knew a kid in high school named Rusty Weigner (pronounced wiener)

I went to school with a guy named King David III. That was an interesting one. Also, when my family was looking for ancestral graves back in North Carolina, we kept running across Klutzes.

Bleh, only thing i got is that my initials are 'Aha', which btw led me to discover A-Ha the band. All you 80's lovers know what I'm talking about.

Kinda off topic but i have a friend named Seamus, but doesn't know his origins. I'm guessing Irish because of the name, but no idea.

[Edit] I also know an Andrew Zumbo... that last name makes me hungry. Maybe cuz it rhymes with gumbo, idk, never think i had gumbo. Hmm.

My last name is Shepherd. You don't know how rare it is for someone to spell it exactly like the sheep herder, it's always 'Shepard, shephard ... ' -.- And yes it's slightly off-topic but it's 4 am and I want to post in this thread.

arrrgh said:

Ian Paul Freeley. Only ROTT nerds will get that :P

Or Simpsons fans, or any other number of fans of things that joke has been used in.

I. P. Freely is hardly a joke exclusive to ROTT, yeah.

Nomad said:

Oh my god that was my favorite episode. So fucking funny. I miss that show. I should try to find a theater showing the Rifftrax Plan 9 From Outer Space live event.

You can find one right there on the site. I plan on going to this. It's on my little sister's birthday, so I guess I have to bring her.

Bucket said:

You can find one right there on the site. I plan on going to this. It's on my little sister's birthday, so I guess I have to bring her.

Emailed it to my dad, and we're going now. :D

Another required video, aside from Space Mutiny, for such a conversation:

Post some names. I like Art Vandelay. But post made up names.

Van Holderbröten
Scott Ziplowski
Gareth Hogendruff

GreyGhost said:

Knew a policeman named Edward Kelly and a lawyer named Richard Head.

The policeman who went around to my kids school to do a road safety talk has the surname Constable. He is, Police Constable Constable.

Enjay said:

The policeman who went around to my kids school to do a road safety talk has the surname Constable. He is, Police Constable Constable.

Heh. Reminds me of Major Major Major Major.