Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juiche

Many actions in one switch

I can make in doom builder switch. When I press it two doors open or two lifts lower or something like that. But how I make switch when Ipress it one door open and other door close. is that possible?

You could do that in plain doom2 format I think. Use "floor lower to highest floor" - for the door you want to open, raise the floor instead of lowering the ceiling (so the door will open by lowering it's floor instead of raising it's ceiling), when you press the switch the door will open/lower - for the door you want to close, make a sector that touches the door sector (or use a dummy sector) with it's floor as the same height as the ceiling, so when you press the switch the door floor will raise to the same height as that sector that touches it.

TimeOfDeath said:

You could do that in plain doom2 format I think. Use "floor lower to highest floor" - for the door you want to open, raise the floor instead of lowering the ceiling (so the door will open by lowering it's floor instead of raising it's ceiling), when you press the switch the door will open/lower - for the door you want to close, make a sector that touches the door sector (or use a dummy sector) with it's floor as the same height as the ceiling, so when you press the switch the door floor will raise to the same height as that sector that touches it.

Huh, didn't think of that use for action 19. Usually I use it for monster teleports. Of course I stick to boom format now, so I can use voodoo dolls instead, but it's a cool way to stick in vanilla doom2.

There's one part in one of the maps I made, where two walk over lines are very very close to each other, so it appears as though you activate two actions going into one room. With switches it's not as easy.

I suppose what you could do is have a switch operate a lift, but also tagged to the sector the switch is on, revealing another switch behind it that operates the door. So basically you hit the switch, that does the first action, then there's a switch behind it you can use for your second action.

Did that make any sense?