Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juiche

floor/ceiling texture problem

I'm using Doom builder 2. Problem is I don't know how to move ceiling and floor textures. Wall texture moving is easy but how I move ceiling and floor textures?

You can't actually scroll the ceiling and floor flats. Flats are aligned to the grid, so you have to place your sectors accordingly.

Some days ago I opened skulltag.wad deathmatch map. i saw here an sector what was an trampoline. Sectors floor texture was in wrong place. But when I played map the texture was in right place.

That was done using an ACS function.

From another thread:

Cybershark said:

What editor are you using? o_O

Also while I realise it may be a little advanced for our new friend here, I'm really surprised no-one has mentioned the ACS function 'sector_setfloorpanning'.

I'm assuming it was that one, I don't know much about ACS. (By that I mean I know nothing).

Juiche said:

Some days ago I opened skulltag.wad deathmatch map. i saw here an sector what was an trampoline. Sectors floor texture was in wrong place. But when I played map the texture was in right place.

Because Skulltag inherited from ZDoom advanced mapping options. In that case, there was probably a script that changed the offsets. Nowadays for ZDoom (and GZDoom, and Skulltag, and Vavoom) mapping it's recommended to use the TEXTMAP format (aka UDMF) because it allows you to set the offsets directly without bothering with a script.

peterPROSTHETICS said:

I was going to post a new thread, but this seems like a suitable thread to ask....

is it possible to rotate floor and roof flats?
if yes....how?

Extract the texture from the IWAD, rotate the texture in a paint program, save it and import it back into a PWAD, load your game as such: doom -file newfloor.wad

You have no modification of flats at all within the engine, beyond the few linedef triggers that raise/lower a floor and change its' flat to the adjacent one (like the slime donut in the outdoor area of E1M3)

you could try this;
extract said flat with wintex or slumpED
-> right click the bmp created
-> choose rotate clock-wise
-> open your wad in xwe
-> click the flats tab
-> go up to entry and click load
-> chose your rotated image
-> close xwe
-> open up a map editor and it should be in there as a flat.

Have fun.

ArmouredBlood said:

you could try this;
extract said flat with wintex or slumpED
-> right click the bmp created
-> choose rotate clock-wise
-> open your wad in xwe
-> click the flats tab
-> go up to entry and click load
-> chose your rotated image
-> close xwe
-> open up a map editor and it should be in there as a flat.

Have fun.

Once again You have solved my editing troubles....
Thank you good sir.