Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunner

Map01 Tribute

E1M7 is better, but they don't vary from the originals much. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you'd just used a sizeable soundfont/sample pack.

Also, nice use of Ian Albert's Doom Maps in MAP01 :)

Looking forward to hearing more if you do them!

Super Jamie said:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you'd just used a sizeable soundfont/sample pack.

That's about how I feel. This was a bit cooler than the e1m7 one, but frankly I think you should put more of your own touch to it, otherwise it doesn't really sound any better than what Jamie said.

This is why I like Neurological's tracks.

Faithful to the original is not necessarily a bad thing; it depends on what you want to do. If its just a cover, then be as close to the original as possible. if you're going for a remix or a remake, that's when you need to sway away from the original to be unique.

eargosedown said:

Faithful to the original is not necessarily a bad thing; it depends on what you want to do. If its just a cover, then be as close to the original as possible. if you're going for a remix or a remake, that's when you need to sway away from the original to be unique.

I'd like to be somewhere in between. Do I need to make my own version of this music? No, the MIDI versions are already good enough. But if I'm going to do it at all, I'd like to be able to contribute something new in the form of harmonies, maybe different sounds\instruments, a different mix.

By the way, I'm not going to be making heavy metal \ trance versions of the originals.

And thanks everyone for the feedback. There's more to come.