Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

The funniest thing you seen in any Doom

HI everyone

what the funniest thing that happen to you while you were playing doom?

The most funniest thing I seen when there a group of zombieman (6 or 8) I had a friendly Marine with a rocketlauncher on a ledge he shot at them and gib them all at once it was so funny.
(I was using Doom 2 for that Level)

Jodwin said:

Barons killing each other.

Bonus points for it happening in E1M8.

I was trying to show a friend the barrel suicide glitch in the game (Which I didn't know was actually caught and removed with a patch) and ended up causing one to damage the other through a barrel, while trying to make it hit itself.
Was rather hilarious.

DuckReconMajor said:

When I first started playing with DECORATE I made rockets with -NOGRAVITY that had damage and blast radius in the 5000's and I went around doing this.

I like how the corridor and blood splats make a face.

I ... can't actually think of anything off the top of my head that was particularly funny =/ Sure there was this jokewad with leonidas and the lolcat, but those are meant to be funny.

I cant either, altough I have seen many things that made me laugh and laugh to the point I died from not being able to hold my controller.

Well, there IS that technicolour nightmare bug I took a screenshot of. Look in the Doom picture thread and you'll see it

Nothing I can think of from my experience, but...

I laughed out loud watching somebody else's demo only once. I downloaded this wad. According to the textfile:

Credits: Hitherto for testing, the rest of participants of contest. Shadowman for an original way of killing the cyberdemon ;)

so naturally I had to watch it. It's in the file fdc6_shad.lmp. Keep in mind that it was a "first demo contest", so the demo is quite long (over an hour) and if you don't have so much time, you may want to use prboom-plus' skipsec parameter (-skipsec 3820)

Pinkies retaliating vs other monsters. They look ridiculous because the other monsters behave as if they didn't give a shit about them and just keep going after you, while the pinkies try biting their ass off. Especially funny vs taller monsters like Knights, Barons, Revvies etc. A pinky may have to make more than a dozen attempts before scoring a successful bit and turning the other monster's attention ;-)

In v1.1, I remember some shitty PWAD had a room full of pinkies and an invisibility sphere, which made some of the pinkies misdirect their hits and gnaw at their buddies.

Of course, the result was two pinkies heatbutting, growling, and dying at the same time, heh. (Only possible in v1.1, so don't complain if you can't replicate it).

Rocket zombies. I'm sorry, those are just one of the unintentionally funniest enemies I've ever seen. Cool concept, but half the time, they just wind up blowing themselves up. And it's even better when it's not because of an enemy that wandered in front of their path or being too close to the player, but when they just simply shoot a wall that's in front of them or something.

geekmarine said:

Rocket zombies. I'm sorry, those are just one of the unintentionally funniest enemies I've ever seen. Cool concept, but half the time, they just wind up blowing themselves up. And it's even better when it's not because of an enemy that wandered in front of their path or being too close to the player, but when they just simply shoot a wall that's in front of them or something.

This. obtic.wad

Playing an Oblige map just now, I experienced somethying similar to that, Marine enemies with rocket launchers. Even better was the one with the BFG that cleared the entire room of enemies for me by trying to shoot me with it. Before I noticed him, it looked like enemies were spontaneously telefragging themselves somehow.

Maes said:

Pinkies retaliating vs other monsters. They look ridiculous because the other monsters behave as if they didn't give a shit about them and just keep going after you, while the pinkies try biting their ass off.

Once saw a demon kill a cyberdemon in Skulltag. It was funny since the cyberdemon couldn't seem to turn(stuck in one spot), so it literally got it's ass chewed. Plus the damn thing took like twenty minutes.

I would guess the only way for it to happen is for rocket splash damage to hit the demon, since a direct rocket hit would likely kill them.

The last thing that happened to me that literally made me lol was playing ULTIMA1.wad, which is a layout based on Ultima Underworlds first map. The gameplay was easy and steady through out, some zombiemen, some imps, a demon here and there, few rooms that had peculiar shapes had a powerup and a Hell Baron in it. Then you reach the room where you find the yellow key, It's a pretty big room with what appears to be dining tables, and like 300 zombiemen all piled up in the room. It was such a drastic change from the gameplay that took place in the rest of the map. I couldn't help but laugh.

This is the wad

You need Doom 1 to play it.

I think the other wad that made me lol before that was seriousmap.wad.

it happened just earlier actually. i was playing AV.wad (im not too sure what map it was, im taking a guesstimate and saying MAP04) online with no other players. near the end there was one last monster in the map: an arch-vile on one of the walls outside.

i shot it once with the super shotgun and while in pain it fell off the back of the wall... into what was probably a low-down sector which was inaccessable without cheats. since it coludnt see or get to me, and i couldnt see or get to it, i had to just move on and finish the level without 100% kills.

When you gun down a smaller baddie and their body flies toward you instead of back!

Also, I'm often cracking up during really hectic deathmatch games. Although it's also frustrating, there's something hilarious about pressing spacebar four times and promptly dying every time...

While infighting monsters are always funny to watch, it gets even sillier if you're playing a mod that adds alternate death animations for certain attacks (like WWHC-Diaz) - watching the Imps set people on fire is always a kick.

I also love the corpse-and-stairs glitch, where if you kill a monster close to a ledge, he'll start sliding down its entire length until he hits the wall. (I think it was Linguica that demonstrated this glitch from the Doomguy's POV...)

magicsofa said:

When you gun down a smaller baddie and their body flies toward you instead of back!

Also, I'm often cracking up during really hectic deathmatch games. Although it's also frustrating, there's something hilarious about pressing spacebar four times and promptly dying every time...

How about when you fire the BFG and then get a rocket in you ear, hit the space bar and get killed by your own BFG, hit the space bar again, and get killed by the BFG splash damage?

How about using the chainsaw in deathmatch? I was playing a DM on D2M1 and I nearly got an anurism laughing when I saw the DOOM marine sliding around on the floor with his gun pointed forward.

vdgg said:

Nothing I can think of from my experience, but...

I laughed out loud watching somebody else's demo only once. I downloaded this wad. According to the textfile:

Credits: Hitherto for testing, the rest of participants of contest. Shadowman for an original way of killing the cyberdemon ;)

so naturally I had to watch it. It's in the file fdc6_shad.lmp. Keep in mind that it was a "first demo contest", so the demo is quite long (over an hour) and if you don't have so much time, you may want to use prboom-plus' skipsec parameter (-skipsec 3820)

I can't believe I watched that entire thing....

Ichor said:

How about when you fire the BFG and then get a rocket in you ear, hit the space bar and get killed by your own BFG, hit the space bar again, and get killed by the BFG splash damage?

And then hit spacebar again and get berserker packed right in the face as you spawN/ =P

eargosedown said:

I can't believe I watched that entire thing....

Someone needs to upload a vid of this, im interested but i don't have vanilla doom.

When playing Invasion and when you die once, every monster decides to spawnkill you. Everyone would be complaining and yelling "wow wtf they need to learn how to make a game right stupid nubs" while im laughing my ass off. BTW the Doomguy 64's death animation is awesome :D.

And whenever i shotgun an imp and for some reason he flies foward and lands in my lap (when they are higher than me). Reminds me of cheesy scenes in movies/games where there is always a person next to a balcony, and when you shoot them, they go flying off way too dramatic like.

I made a zombieman shoot a shotgunner in a room full of zombies. You can pretty much figure out what would happen after that.