Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ninjalah

Skulltag DB Help

I'm trying to start making some Deathmatch maps in between working on SP maps. Now when i try 'New Map', i would suppose i would change the configuration to Skulltag (Doom in Doom format), using the Skulltag WAD as a resource. When i try this i get a whole load of errors with the textures.

Im not sure if this correct, seeing as i could also change the configuration to just Doom 2 and use the skulltag wad as a resource. Is this correct or am i doing the above config. wrong?

Can you provide maybe screenies or something? I've never mapped for skulltag and am very confused by just starting a new map and loading the resources.

I'll just step in here a sec;

go to test->game preferences, and select skulltag (doom in doom format) or skulltag (doom in hexen format) depending on what system you're mapping for. doom is vanilla, hexen has the fun parameter actions.

click add resource->folder skulltag.wad is in->skulltag.wad

Now when doing a new map, fill it out like so, the skulltag resource should automatically load, and add whichever iwad you'll be mapping for.

EDIT: sorry for size.

Alright, that helped out a lot. Thanks.

EDIT: Is it normal for it to give the error

Can't load an unnamed texture from "TEXTURE1". Please consider giving names to your resources.
Can't load an unnamed texture from "TEXTURE1". Please consider giving names to your resources.
Map lump 'DD_DIREC' in the current game configuration specifies an unknown script configuration 'Text.cfg'. Using plain text instead.

Or how do i fix it if it isn't a normal thing.

Ninjalah said:

Alright, that helped out a lot. Thanks.

EDIT: Is it normal for it to give the error

Map lump 'DD_DIREC' in the current game configuration specifies an unknown script configuration 'Text.cfg'. Using plain text instead.

Or how do i fix it if it isn't a normal thing.

Hmm, I get something similar when running ultimate doom in skulltag, but with patches instead of textures. Doesn't affect the game though. I guess you just don't get to use those textures. I'll check it in xwe ...

EDIT:Well there was 1 not-very-interesting no name texture I saw, must be a break for something. Now if someone more knowledgable about skulltag could come along ...

Doom2.wad should be added in the Game Configurations dialog, ABOVE skulltag.wad.

The errors you are getting may be due to incorrect textures in skulltag.wad. Maybe you could ask on their forums why they have unnamed textures.

The warning about DD_DIREC is no big deal, forget about it.

Actually since I'm here I have another stupid question

How do i open up skulltag.wad in doom builder?

I've tried the way i thought it would work, guess i was wrong again. It just comes up a jumbled mess and a crapload of errors.

Ninjalah said:

It just comes up a jumbled mess and a crapload of errors.

Seems accurate. You sure there's a problem?

Anyway, make sure you're not trying to open the version of skulltag.wad that's really a pk3 with the wad extension. DB2 cannot open maps from PK3s.

I only have one Skulltag WAD. Goddamnit i just want to know how to make the floor bounce you up like in some DM maps.

View -> Script Editor (and the default shortcut key is F10). You could have just tried looking you know :P

CodeImp said:

View -> Script Editor (and the default shortcut key is F10). You could have just tried looking you know :P

UGHHH The F10 key is soooo damn far!!!! GAWD!

Thanks anyways. :P