Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devalaous

Doom Zombies in Sims 2

ie one of the most addictive games on earth.

I decided last night that I would create a zombie family, then it hit me: Why not make versions of the Doom zombies? So I got to work today, and did a pretty good job on the zombies. I also made the Wolfenstein SS join the family, and tried (and failed) to put Doomguy in the neighbourhood as well. I tried for two hours to get Doomguy's face remotely recreated, and ended up giving up and having him there as a random marine named Doomguy. Oh well, at least I can imagine him as Doomguy huh? Anyway, as you would expect, you cant just throw them in there, so I had to improvise and try to match everyone as close as possible. Black for Shotgun guy, blue + beret for SS, buzzcut + army gear for zombieman, and red for chaingunner. I also literally named them as they are in Doom (This is the Guy family, Shotgun speaking!)

I havent built a house yet, but I have the basics done, the zombies will sleep in the basement I made, which is more of an underground cavern with a jagged maw of stalagmites, and the outdoors will be a simple attempt at some small level of Doom. All the zombies will also have the Grilled Cheese aspiration once I get Nightlife, because a constant hunger for cheese is like brains right? I only have the base game and University, with no mods, so with that in mind, how do you think I did?

First the title card things, and the very first bit of the neighbourhood I set up.

Wolfenstein SS

I did this one from memory, and despite the fact that the ingame sprite isnt as angry looking, and has an epic double chin, I think he came out okay.

The Zombieman

Without an option for a green buzzcut, this'll have to do. Also no red eyes, so I gave him green ones, and green eyeshadow to look like slime. I made him have zero stats in everything, to represent his "bottom of the food chain" rank

Shotgun Guy

Black clothes with a heart ensnared by barbed wire? That works well in my eyes. I think this one is the most accurate of the four

Heavyweapons Dude

I feel I nailed his face, but curse you Sims 2, for having no option to have MEATY bodies! I tried making him fat, but it just put a pregnant bulge on him. Unless he was abducted by aliens when I wasnt looking. Shirt not good enough? OH IT IS.

Failed attempt at Doomguy

...yeah, making faces off sprites is easier than a status bar face. If someone has a mod that adds his Marine helmet, he'll have that on 24/7.

Feuding neighbours

The built house is Doomguy's. Its mostly done, and its equipped for three people. Strifeguy and the Wolfenstein guy will be moving in, if I can get them done at all.

Chainguner rape

I think we all are familiar with this.

I have several more, but dont want to make TOO big a post. I do that enough as it is. They'll come later if you guys want.

I'm not too familiar with the Sims. Can you "build" a house? If so, have you tried making E1M1 with a pool in the middle where the nukage usually is? That would be so cool.

They really need new skins or clothes that make them more zombie-like - Sims 2 comes with an editor for those sorts of things.

DuckReconMajor said:

I'm not too familiar with the Sims. Can you "build" a house? If so, have you tried making E1M1 with a pool in the middle where the nukage usually is? That would be so cool.

hahaha, that's an awesome idea. I should "get" one of the two newer sims games and try that.

I can make them literal zombies, via killing tem, then resurrecting them without paying the Grim Reaper enough money, but I fear they wont look as good. Unless theres a way to make a zombie without the grey warped skin effect appearing.

I couldnt use the skin and clothes editor if my life depended on it btw :p

As for any Doom Map recreations, probably the only map that could even fit in the confines of your lot would probably be Dead Simple, and even then, I dont see how it could be made with the housebuilding tools. The best bet is to use the medieval set if your not using mods to make a moderatly Doomy house, or if you are modding, hell, why not put Doom textures ON the walls.

I'm probably going to recreate more Wolfenstein enemies, you can even have the dog if you have the Pets expansion (I'm going to give Doomguy a Hellhound from the Doom RPG, naturally), and you can make mini wolfensteinish castles (There are elevators in later expansions, and I figured out a way to build makeshift jail)

LMAO

The "Wolfenstein SS" guy reminds me of a docks sailor/worker.

The "Zombieman" looks like a stoned junkie, the sergeant looks like Eminem or a GTA wannabe whigger. And WTF, sandals on zombieman???

The nigga guy looks...well...like a pissed off nigga, and "Doomguy" looks like a scrawny guy with social phobia.

All in all, these are the saddest bunch of pathetic motherfuckers I've seen in a while ;-) At best they could be part of a wannabe painballers team.

The project is worth continuing just for the lulz factor, though.

The other screenshots:

Doomguy and Chaingunner go at it. Again. While the SS boo's Doomguy

Zombieman has a go at him, while the others cheer him on. Shotgun Guy is worried his pal will get hurt.

Zombieman actually wins(!?) and then slaps him up to add insult to injury. Chaingunner tells Shotgun Guy about his idea for a shooting range on skis.

No hard feelings right? BZZZZZZZTTTTT. The SS at the side cracks me up. Doomguy must be playing Nightmare today.

Doomguy gets hungry so he makes a cowardly retreat. Zombieman and Shotgun discuss decor. "Man, I want this giant chair THIS big, and I'll decorate it with all those bloody remains Ive been collecting. I am an AWESOME designer"

Zombieman rubs his hands in glee, as Shotgun thinks up another plan. This time, involving zombie hoards and bullet trains.

Even zombie soldiers from Hell make penis jokes. Its a male thing you see.

I told you he had an awesome shirt. That actually comes with the game, and theres a black version of it too :p

Now just add some guys in halloween costumes pretending to be monsters LMAO :-P

Black crack whores dressed up as cybies with a generic halloween devil costume ;-)

Even better, read this bit from the past for inspiration:

Doom Insanity: [1-2]: DOOM: The Real Thing

I can't handle the fact that some people have tried the game now,
and I haven't, so I thought I might pull out my brass knuckles and 12 gauge
pump shotgun and start up a *REAL* DOOM game. I figured that I, and 3 other
frustrated DOOM awaiters, could meet up at an abandoned warehouse or
something and have a rip snortin' Death Match of our own. We could throw
some shotgun shells and ammo boxes randomly around the place, along with
some first-aid kits (fine for light grazes from perhaps a .22 calibre round
but not much good for a 12 gauge belly wound :) ) - then we go at it !!!

Granted, there won't be any monsters in this place, like there are
in DOOM, but I do have a pretty ugly cousin I could trick into coming; and
with a quick dunk in some gray paint I'm convinced he could bear a passable
resemblance to a gargoyle <G>.

So ....any takers? Heh, heh, heh.

When you put it that way, I can make joke monsters. I already made a family where there is a guy with a skeleton body and his wife is a floating head. (Revenant and Lost Soul!) Debug Mode = <3

Infact SS, Shotgun and Zombieman showed up on their doorstep and molested thier little girl, electrocuted their son, and....STOLE THEIR NEWSPAPER.

Theres also a spiky supervillain outfit that could be jokingly used as an imp suit. You know what that means. Imp Encounter 2!

On the serious side, I mainly did this as a test to see what I could make with the stock clothing and features. In Doom terms, that'd be making a vanilla map right?

I expected an overhead view of the game, with pasted sprites. Not some high dudes with same colour and hairstyle :/

Only one new Zombieman Family shot, as ive focused on building a homefor them moreso than taking shots of things

So for some reason, the SS forget he had his own room upstairs, complete with a swastika on his floor (In reference to that Doom level that originally had one), and slept downstairs in the underground cavern/dungeon. In a bed that was already occupied.

The rest of the new shots focus on Doomguy and Co.

The house they live in.

I made it from scratch, and theres lots wrong with it, but I think did pretty well. I'm still getting used to making houses you see.

Meet Strifeguy Rogue.

Dont get the reference?

The three heroes relax by the pool and tell tales of their deeds

Strifeguy and Doomguy talk about volatile barrels in the hottub

Doomguy beats up Strifeguy for using his personal toilet. (!?)

I'll let you decide what's going in in there

Your protagonists seem to... well, let's just say a female would be unnecessary at the moment. At least Sims 2 doesn't discriminate!

Glad to see they're not copulating with zombies, that's just sick :P

Great work on Strifeguy btw. He's obviously sitting by the pool and talking about the number of alternate Mauler shots he needs to take down an Inquisitor.

Eww now this starts looking gay. And I don't mean "happy". Not quite what I have in mind when I think of Doom's "ass blasting action" :-(

Heh, this makes me want to warez Sims 2. Especially after the suggestion to design houses after levels.

I used to play Sims all the time, but then I realised how pathetic it was playing a game where I had my characters work to get money to get stuff for their house while I was unemployed and living with my mom. Total perspective vortex.

arrrgh said:

You need to do the Hexen characters now! Remember to make the Mage as wimpy as possible.

Dude. Hexen characters have no known heads!!

printz said:

Dude. Hexen characters have no known heads!!

You can use your imagination! Parias looks like a complete badass, Baratus looks like someone who's been on steroids for the past couple decades, Daedelon looks like a 13-year old with a bad case of acne.

This is awesome. People who are looking for perfect reproductions will obviously be disappointed, but I think this is a hilarious reinterpretation of our favourite heroes and villains. This is along the same lines as Bank's "Buddies" in the fanart forum - it makes the characters seem more appropriate for a sitcom than for a video game.

And even if you are looking for a perfect reproduction, come on - the heavy weapon guy's and the strifeguy's faces are quite impressive.

By using Debug, I can get some costumes that would vaguely resemble a warrior and mage. Dont know about priest though. Also, in the very last expansion pack, you can become a witch or warlock as a secret (Pretty much every expansion has a secret form of Sim, such as aliens, zombies, werewolves, vampires, robots, plantmen)

Creaphis hit the nail on the head: Since you can write stories for your characters, the plot of this section of the neighbourhood is that this is the Doom/Strife/Wolfenstein characters settling down in a peaceful neighbourhood after the game events. The Zombies are especially funny, as you would expect.

About the gay thing, I'm trying to avoid that. All sims are bi-sexual, so if you make the wrong intereaction with your best mate, you could find yourself with a crush. This is probably intended to add drama; one of my previous families had a nerd trying to seduce a cop's sister. A plot twist had the cop develop feelings for the nerd, and then they became bitter enemies because he was "cheating" on him with his sister behind the house. I plan on having them meet some women eventually, but since I started a new neighbourhood from scratch, I have to go build things like shops and parks. Unless we have Doomguy sitting outside his gate hitting on the mail girl (And as far as I know, every paper deliverer is a teenager)

Does Blackbird ever get a visual representation in the game? If so, I can set her up with Strifeguy. If not, I might have to improvise

As for careers, its obvious that the three zombies and Doomguy will have careers in the military. Would Wolfenstein SS be military too, or is that more fitted for the Law Enforcement career? Theres also an Intelligence career in one of the later expansions that's probably BJ's territory. Strifeguy can probably do anything.

Both BJ and the SS have "Fortune" aspirations, due to one plundering castles of treasure, and the other hoarding treaure in said castle, Strifeguy has the Family aspiration (The Strife world basically had the few remaining females locked away in safes for protection:p) while Doomguy has the Popularity aspiration (If you saved the world countless times from demon invasions, YOUD want some recognition too) As for the Zombies, once I hget the next expansion, they'll have the Grilled Cheese secret aspiration. No better aspiration than one of constant hunger and obsession for cheese to get thier thoughts off brains.

Speaking of the Zombies, The SS seems to take Zombieman and Shotgun Guy on patrols of the neighbourhood. Every time I make a new family, the welcoming party is always these three. And they ALWAY stir up some trouble

Cornering the neighbourhood crazy and one of the MANY neighbourhood streakers as they arrive at my house.

As well as helping themselves to my fridge and computer. SUCH EVIL.

Patrolling the streets

Greeting the...little girls?

OH GOD NO

Note that when they appear on lots I'm not playing, they are uncontrollable and act of their own volition. And since they all have zero Nice points...

EDIT: Oh yeah, all the zombies have a desire to see Doomguy's ghost. Doomguy wants to see the entire zombie household as ghosts. Awesome

Hahahaha, what the fuck?

It's kinda like this took place before the events in Doom, before the monsters got zombified. Also, why does this thread remind me of Boatmurdered?

EarthQuake said:

Hahahaha, what the fuck?

It's kinda like this took place before the events in Doom, before the monsters got zombified. Also, why does this thread remind me of Boatmurdered?

OH GOD I FUCKING LOVE BOATMURDERED.

If this ends with the characters getting eaten by elephants, this would rule.

Ragnor said:

Does Blackbird ever get a visual representation in the game? If so, I can set her up with Strifeguy. If not, I might have to improvise

Strifeguy gets to knob her in the good ending too, so make it canon :P

Now I really wanna play strife through :D damn sewer level -.-

And this thread is turning out pretty awesome, how are you getting complete control over the sims though, I played sims 2 a long time ago and don't remember having such power :(

ArmouredBlood said:

Now I really wanna play strife through :D damn sewer level -.-

Do it! I did and it was one of the best games I've played. Some of the later level designs are amazingly clever, especially for the Doom engine.

The WolfSS guy should definitively work in law enforcement. As I had pointed out in another thread, his uniform is more similar to the SWAT guys from Romero's Dawn of the Dead, than a real SS uniform (there were never blue SS or SA uniforms). That, or an airman.

Those dudes need women. They're holding way too many sausage parties at their home :P