Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

E3M7 DM

Sealed off a section of E3M7 for DM and made some minor tweaks.

e3m7dm3.wad

I like modding existing id maps for DM. Do you? Know of any good ones?

oh.. this is for doom 2 map01.

Nomad said:

Did you leave the monsters in on purpose?

mighta been laziness... -nomonsters is easier than deleting monsters.

anyway, comments on the playability are welcome....

Nomad said:

Did you leave the monsters in on purpose?

Don't monsters serve a similar role in Deathmatch as "natural" hazards? Too bad they don't also lower your frags in Altdeath as dangers do; that was repaired with Quake.

Is this some kind of joke and I'm missing the punchline?

Nomad said:

Is this some kind of joke and I'm missing the punchline?

zdoom -nomonsters -deathmatch -skill 5 etc... it's a dm map. There's no joke.

Nice one. I recently played through Inferno again and this section of E3M7 struck me as being good for DM. I particularly love the pentagram in this level, I never discovered that secret as a kid.

If only I had someone to DM with apart from Skulltag bots :P

My buddy and I might be DMing tomorrow night. Maybe we could do a 3 way. How many hours ahead of GMT time are you? I think I'm -5 hours. It's 11pm for me at the time of this post.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

0/5

Sorry brah.

I think its cool when these maps get converted into DM ones, considering how regular Doom maps seem to be lacking in DM playability.

4/5 for awesomeness.

Hellbent said:

My buddy and I might be DMing tomorrow night. Maybe we could do a 3 way. How many hours ahead of GMT time are you? I think I'm -5 hours. It's 11pm for me at the time of this post.

GMT+10, it's the middle of the day. As relaxed as my job is, I think deathmatch during work time may be frowned upon :) Cheers anyway

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I read somewhere that when Doom was released, it was frowned upon in offices and other workplaces with networked computers because employees would have death matches during work hours.

Yes, it was. There are even applications designed to detect Doom on networks, incase some clever "hacker" employee performed the dastardly step of renaming the game "WORK.EXE" or something ;)

Guest DILDOMASTER666
avery1555 said:

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I read somewhere that when Doom was released, it was frowned upon in offices and other workplaces with networked computers because employees would have death matches during work hours.

Allegedly, this is because the older versions of Doom available just after release (~0.99?) used network broadcasts which sends packets containing game info to nodes in the network that have nothing to do with the game being played. If alot of computers were connected to said network at a time, there would presumably be a very noticeable performance drop network-wide.

This said, I have never actually monitored my network's performance while playing a version of Doom.exe that used the broadcasting method and had a thousand or someodd computers connected.