Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juiche

Plutonia 2 iwad

Plutonia 2 is pwad. I want play it on my mobile (c2doom) and c2doom can't read pwads, only iwads. Can I somewhere sownload PL2 iwad or can I make it myself? I tried move PL2 maps and patches to plutonia.wad and delete old maps of plutonia.wad. But that didn't work.

A Plutonia 2 IWAD would be illegal to distribute, but you can do the following:

Get DeuTex , put the deutex.exe file, pl2.wad, a copy of plutonia.wad renamed to doom2.wad and the merge.bat included in the ZIP attached below all in one folder, and double-click merge.bat. Assuming all goes well (Windows Vista's UAC doesn't stop deutex or something) the stuff in pl2.wad will be added into the doom2.wad file, replacing the corresponding data. You can then rename the doom2.wad to plutonia.wad to use with that port.

To do the same thing for other PWADs, right click the merge.bat file and choose edit, and edit and save the text file that opens up so it says the name of the PWAD you want merged instead of pl2.wad, and otherwise do as above. For most cases you wouldn't rename plutonia.wad to doom2.wad, though, using doom2.wad directly instead, as most PWADs are for DOOM II, and not Plutonia. For DOOM PWADs, of course, you'd need to place doom.wad in the folder, instead of the other IWADs.

(The reason plutonia.wad needs to be renamed to doom2.wad is because, I think, DeuTex can't recognize plutonia.wad by name as one of the IWADs.)

merge.zip

Depends on if the weapons are only graphic replacements or dehacked/decorate replacements. If they are graphics, yes; if they use dehacked, maybe; if they use decorate, no. It depends on the port.

If c2doom can't load pwads, I really doubt it has in-built support for dehacked. So only sound and graphic replacements will be possible.

That does not work perfectly. This add only maps. And here is missing textures. It does not change music. when I open it on c2doom and I start new game, it says:
sos doom
Error: R_TextureNumForName: LITERED1 not found

The new music won't work because the lumps use new names, normally read with DeHackEd (or MAPINFO), but you can get it to work by manually renaming the music lumps to the names required by the standard engine behavior. You'll find the original Plutonia music lumps, named as usual (D_RUNNIN to D_DM2INT) as well as the new Plutonia 2 music lumps (D_JR_PYR to D_JA_CER) in the merged WAD.

You would rename a number of lumps, like this:

D_RUNNIN to D_BETWEE
D_COUNTD to D_DM2TTL
D_IN_CIT to D_DDTBL3
D_ROMER2 to D_AMPIE

D_JP_PYR to D_RUNNIN
D_JR_BLO to D_STALKS
D_SR_GAT to D_COUNTD
D_JP_DEA to D_DOOM
D_JR_ROC to D_SHAWN
D_JR_GAM to D_DDTBLU
D_JP_BAT to D_IN_CIT
D_JP_AST to D_DEAD
D_JP_BEC to D_STLKS2
D_EB_UND to D_THEDA2
D_JR_SAM to D_DDTBL2
D_SR_STA to D_RUNNI2
D_EB_COM to D_DEAD2
D_SR_NIG to D_STLKS3
D_JP_SIL to D_ROMERO
D_JP_DWE to D_SHAWN2
D_JR_END to D_MESSAG
D_PC_MAR to D_COUNT2
D_EB_AGA to D_THEDA3
D_JP_SAN to D_ADRIAN
D_JP_PLU to D_MESSG2
D_PC_OUT to D_ROMER2
D_RP_GUT to D_TENSE
D_JR_HUN to D_SHAWN3
D_JP_CAT to D_OPENIN
D_RP_SIN to D_EVIL
D_JP_NOB to D_ULTIMA
D_JP_WAS to D_READ_M
D_JA_CER to D_DM2INT
All of the ones from the new list need to be renamed, plus four from the old list. Some will end up repeated.

Delete the ones that are repeated from the original music list. You can delete D_STALKS, D_BETWEE (the second one now named thus), D_DOOM, D_SHAWN, D_DDTBLU, D_DEAD to D_THEDA2, D_DDTBL2 to D_DDTBL3 (the second one now named thus), D_AMPIE (the first one now named thus) to D_MESSG2, and D_TENSE to D_DM2INT. Make sure you delete the repeated ones. The rest, the ones that simply aren't used, is optional.

You shouldn't have texture errors if everything went well. Did you merge it with plutonia.wad (with the renaming process) or doom2.wad? Be sure to use Plutonia as instructed, as the PWAD requires it. Make sure, also, that other IWADs aren't in the same folder as the renamed Plutonia and the PWAD, because DeuTex will use doom.wad first if it sees it in the folder. (If this happened, you should have to fix doom.wad from a backup or undo the merging through DeuTex's -restore command.)

One thing that will certainly not work is the new map names for the automap, but that is a minor issue.

Only wads in folder was plutonia.wad renamed to doom2.wad and PL2.wad. i don't know why that doesn't work.

Not sure, I tested and the merged result worked fine with the DOS executable for Plutonia.

Opening the merged IWAD shows all the imported content from Plutonia 2?

thanks, i want to merge pwad to iwad in c2doom oso.but the file merge.zip seem to be collapse and cant unzip.pls reupload

Here you go -

deutex -merge pl2.wad
Open Notepad, copy/paste that line of text, save as merge.bat then follow the rest of myk's instructions.