Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

what the craziest thing you done in doom?

Krispavera said:

Damn dude that's craaaazy!

Not as crazy as your Pro Skillz December 11'th vid.

Ugh, running out of ammo purposely so i could try and chainsaw the Spider Mastermind. Guess what happened.

eargosedown said:

Turned on Nightmare mode and actually thought I stood a chance.
Now THAT is crazy talk.

This.

Ha ha, I live in West Chester. Those commercials are CRAY ZEE.

Anyway, the most insane thing I've ever done in Doom is completed all three episodes in UV difficulty. This game is wicked tough; it was touch-and-go at times.

Bucket said:

Anyway, the most insane thing I've ever done in Doom is completed all three episodes in UV difficulty. This game is wicked tough; it was touch-and-go at times.

This. Im still stuck on Thy Flesh Consumed on my xbox 360, friend warned that it was a bitch. He was right.

I like provoking barrel-related infighting, haven't yet managed any mancubus-on-mancubus action but will keep trying.

I played DVII on UV with no cheats... AND LIVED
Except that green map. I died there once.

Whoa that's weird, I was just playing DV2 (and DV1) yesterday.

Ragnor said:

Episode Four on UV

What, like, WITHOUT cheats?
I don't think I understand.

Whoops, it was Against Thee Wickedly that's a bastard.

How about thinking that the Railgun was better than the plasma gun in deathmatch?

Off the top of my head... shooting rockets into a giant vagina. Thanks, Kama Sutra! ;)

With joke wads, that list could go on forever...

Ninjalah said:

This. Im still stuck on Thy Flesh Consumed on my xbox 360, friend warned that it was a bitch. He was right.

I stopped playing the 360 version at E4M1, because of how hard the first two levels are. And because I can not accept less than 100% everything, because XBLA Doom tracks your scores for the leaderboards. E4M1 has always been brutal in getting 100% kills, I currently have a save at the beginning where I took out all the shotgunners at the start with my fists and pistol to save much needed ammo.

And Bucket, in XBLA Doom, you dont even have any cheats at your disposal. The Achievement for beating every level on UV really is an acheivement :D

Ragnor said:

The Achievement for beating every level on UV really is an acheivement :D

Just keep trying. Once you get through the beginning of E4M2 (when using the controller, turning around after hitting the first switch is the most frustrating part of the game) and grab the BFG (yes, the BFG grab works), the rest of E4 is cake.

I think the craziest thing I done is when I was first learning to DECORATE, I took Cyberdemon and made everything 4x worse: movement speed x 4, rocket speed x 4 (which helped me, too), made all the states last 1/4 as long (rounding up or down as necessary), etc.

It was quite scary.

Yeah, I plan on getting back to it ASAP.

I would be doing so right now actually, but the phone jack in my room is broken, and the owners of the house are being wankers about getting it repaired. We live in a historical nearly 200 year old house you see, we have to get some council to repair anything that breaks.

And without internet to the console, that leaderboard recording doesnt happen at all. Call me pedantic, but I really dont like holes in my scores. I'll also have to replay one of the episodes beforehand to get used to the Arcade version's controls. Seeing as I play PC Doom with the 360 controller with a different control setup :p

Doctor Faust said:

Playing E1 with eyes closed...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FWESXL48

Play in skulltag. I did look after I realized i didnt beat the game when i should have, so i went to the entrance, and re-closed my eyes :P. I'm not doing that shit again.

EDIT: I dont do anything for the first 15 secs or so because i was changing my controls to the keyboard, so the Demo would play back right.

Ragnor said:

And without internet to the console, that leaderboard recording doesnt happen at all. Call me pedantic, but I really dont like holes in my scores. I'll also have to replay one of the episodes beforehand to get used to the Arcade version's controls. Seeing as I play PC Doom with the 360 controller with a different control setup :p

Are you competing with a friend? I don't understand your obsession with the leaderboard.

Why can't you just redo the level if you don't like your leaderboard position? Save at the beginning of the level at the bottom of the save list or something.

Generally its because I like being to able to browse all the levels and see 100% in every field, and a perfect 10000 on every level (or higher if you do the level fast. I have 12000 on Dis for doing the BFG in the spider's face trick :p

All my friends typically think Doom is old crap, so the few that bought it played around half of Episode 1 on ITYTD and quit. Only have myself to compete with sadly

That and, I hate getting offline achievements. The date you get one is only tracked if your online, and I'm obsessive over having that date stamp if I can help it

I played through the first half or so of 1337.WAD...I must have been possessed by some sort of craziness to do that.

Thakns to Graf Zahl, ive been reminded of a time in my youth when I lured EVERY enemy in a level in PSX Doom to a closing door to crush thier corpse. Because some spectres and nightmare spectres were mixed in, there was some transparant gibs in the pile, and a solitary dark green pile of gibs :}

Later in The Citadel, I lured as many enemies as possible under that crusher in the northwest corner of the map. Once I had all I could fit under there, I triggered the crusher, and heard the most glorious sound of 20 or so corpses being crushed at once (Since the PSX version played the gibbing sound when something got crushed. I miss that dearly)

StupidBunny said:

I played through the first half or so of 1337.WAD...I must have been possessed by some sort of craziness to do that.

Just attempted it myself, need I say anymore?

I finished both SADHURST and SADHURST2. I'm now scarred for life.

Well, the first crazy thing I did was make this:
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2778/screenshotdoom200908261.png

Next I walked into that room and shot... without -notarget. I had to restart my computer.

After that:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3300/screenshotdoom200908261g.png
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8916/screenshotdoom200908261c.png
That wasn't quite as crazy as you might think. I had infinite ammo and sv_fastweapons 5, so all I had to do was run around with the BFG killing them in columns. But it still took me longer to do this than it does to beat Quake on Nightmare! difficulty.

Finally:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2778/screenshotdoom200908261.png
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2778/screenshotdoom200908261.png
Yes that's right: Archvile wars, courtesy of zDoom's console and the summon/summonfriend commands.