Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ArmouredBlood

Change in the winds of Korean Pro Starcraft

You could have embedded the video in your post, like this:

I have to be honest and say that all I see here is Starcraft, so I'm not impressed, even if it is supposed to pro. :p

That would be hilarious, but I'm not going to expect anything just yet. Taking a single game off someone doesn't mean much, especially in ZvZ, even if it's Jaedong we're talking about. Even crap players go on short winning streaks once in a while, and basically no one cares about the STX cup (which mostly has been an opportunity for B-teamers to get some air time -- though I'm surprised STX themselves didn't put up a better fight).

I don't expect much to change over the next season. Jaedong, Bisu and Flash will remain the favorites to win tournaments, and Stork and Fantasy will get their usual silvers (haha). The current top six teams will continue to perform consistently better than the bottom six in Proleague (the biggest question mark is whether Luxury+Violet+fOrGG will stop sucking and give KTFlash a boost). Since SKT T1 already seems to be the strongest team, it's doubtful whether Hyuk will have much of an impact.

So... it's recognised as a sport now? Looking forward to seeing that as an olympic event.

avery1555 said:

They should have pro Doom deathmatches, that would be awesome.

Doom DM is way too two dimensional. Quake Live TV is a lot more satisfying. Specially when TosSpot and DJWheat cast.

Thanks snarboo, I don't know all the forum tags >.< and watch a few of the slayerS_boxer games, especially ones with nukes. He's one of the most entertaining players.

@ fredrik; short winning streaks sure, but 8 matches in a row? 2 of which he had a 17% win rate against that race? Sure it's probably not going to change anything overall for skt1, except maybe having a decent zerg for once, but maybe he'll win an osl or msl or something. At least his games should be entertaining for being good instead of sad now.

The commentator in the first video said that one of the players has been taking some kind of new drug to improve his performance in Starcraft. That's a joke right?

Craigs said:

The commentator in the first video said that one of the players has been taking some kind of new drug to improve his performance in Starcraft. That's a joke right?

Yeah, mentats are a buff from the Fallout universe.

Craigs said:

I can hook you up if you like.

I'd almost be willing to maybe take this seriously and possibly watch most of a single video if the commentator provided commentary instead of incredibly excruciating blather.

Also, I may be a nerd but that entire country needs to get a life.

Creaphis said:

I'd almost be willing to maybe take this seriously and possibly watch most of a single video if the commentator provided commentary instead of incredibly excruciating blather.

Also, I may be a nerd but that entire country needs to get a life.

Cholera didn't really comment on the game so much as hyuk. You could watch the next few games, but here's some more solid commentary from klazart. Also there are parts in the early game where there isn't really much to comment on.

That guy gets paid AND he probably gets pussy every night.
I'm not sure what more of life there is to get.

How are you guys so ignorant about pro Starcraft? It's been huge in Korea for years.

I have to be honest and say that all I see here is Starcraft, so I'm not impressed, even if it is supposed to pro. :p

How could you possibly watch that and think it's just an average game of Starcarft between two average players? There was so much high level play going on there it's ridiculous.

ArmouredBlood said:

@ fredrik; short winning streaks sure, but 8 matches in a row? 2 of which he had a 17% win rate against that race? Sure it's probably not going to change anything overall for skt1, except maybe having a decent zerg for once, but maybe he'll win an osl or msl or something. At least his games should be entertaining for being good instead of sad now.

Well. Plenty of of players have gone on similar streaks without coming close to winning a starleague. More importantly, Hyuk has never won a Bo3 or Bo5 against a good player. I'll give him a chance to win a league when he does that. Until then, sure, he might put up some good games (and everyone will be happy).

I've seen some more flashy tournaments before where the players come in with a woman on each arm and it's held in a giant stadium. It's absolutely insane.

Also, there was one time I went to play on a Korean server with some other guys and in the chatroom I noticed everyone was using Korean characters. As a joke I said "KEKEKEKE" and as a response like a dozen people went "KEKEKEKEKE ^____________^". It was creepy.

I'm with the guys that say that South Koreans need lives. Preferably lives with vaginas in them, or whatever their tickles their respective pickles - this is just not cool. Not even a little.

Danarchy said:

That last one is hilarious. AAAAAAH! PLAYGUUUU!

I watched one where they kept shouting SKURR-GEE.

Danarchy said:

That last one is hilarious. AAAAAAH! PLAYGUUUU!

Where was I when this was a meme!?

Why does Korea love Starcraft so much?? That's the first time I've seen an RTS have a crowd like that.

My friend Andrew and I would play all the time and he would just wipe the floor with any American. He said that just living in Korea and being male you pick it up.