Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomygecko

Doom builder 2 linedefs disappearing? RESOLVED

So today I went to open a map I've been working on, and to my suprise all linedefs but 2 are gone! The two that are there are set to action that I didnt even have in the map. All of the things are exactly where I put them. If I try to test the map it tells me "these line need to be fixed" or something to that effect. This started happening right after I put in a new enemy if it helps. This has happened to two maps, both of wich i've put a lot of work into and I'd like to save them if I can.

I'm assuming you used XWE or SLumpEd to add a new enemy and have broken the sequence of lumps following the map marker - probably by inserting the monster between the THINGS and LINEDEFS lumps. Check that the lumps are in the following order with nothing in-between any of them - THINGS, LINEDEFS, SIDEDEFS, VERTEXES, SEGS, SSECTORS, NODES, SECTORS, REJECT and BLOCKMAP. Anything else you find can be moved below BLOCKMAP - or BEHAVIOR/SCRIPTS if they exist.

Are you sure you opened the map in the correct format? If, for example, you open a ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format) as pretty much any other format, your map will look pretty messed up.

The lumps were in the correct order and I was opening it in the right format (zdoom (doom in hexen format)) so thats not the problem.

Unless someone else has a better suggestion - I'd revert to the most recent functioning backup and/or upload the wad for examination.

Yes - the .bak files are from XWE and the .backup# files from DB2. Rename the most recent of each and see if they're useable.

Thanks for the help. I just went back to a backup. I figured out what went wrong too. One of the new enemies I added already had a thing id set and I accidently set one of the new monsters things ids to that. (ended up with two enemies with the same thing id if that didnt make sense).

doomygecko said:

I just went back to a backup. I figured out what went wrong too. One of the new enemies I added already had a thing id set and I accidently set one of the new monsters things ids to that. (ended up with two enemies with the same thing id if that didnt make sense).

That doesn't sound right. Can you reproduce that problem? What exactly do you mean with "thing id"? The tag in the "Action" tab or some custom property?

By thing id i mean

ACTOR monstername 350
                    ^
\\ what i mean by thing id
And no, after trying several times I couldn't reproduce it.
I just remember the error occuring after I set monsterB's id to the same as monsterA's without realizing it.