Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fatal error

Doom site?

It seems the last time I made a doom site people got the impression I was trying to make a new doom world style site, when really all I want is somewhere to post my work with maybe a few extra features. So with that in mind anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to make a doom site acceptable?

Frankly, it's all already been done, which should come to no surprise considering that the game is almost 16 years old.

Nomad said:

Frankly, it's all already been done, which should come to no surprise considering that the game is almost 16 years old.

I see. Still a site could be of use to me, so any suggestions?

fatal error said:

It seems the last time I made a doom site people got the impression I was trying to make a new doom world style site, when really all I want is somewhere to post my work with maybe a few extra features. So with that in mind anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to make a doom site acceptable?

Make a site where you post your work and maybe a few extra features :)

What good stuff have some of the other previous portals had? Hosting LogicDeLuxe's sound recordings of the Doom music thru a Sound Canvas might be a good idea.

You can put whatever Doom content you like on your site, but make sure of two things:
1. That your space is relatively permanent
2. Don't bother making a forum for your site, as that makes the assumption that more than a few people will be visiting your site on a regular basis - quite frankly the Doom community already has several very good forums, and has no need for another.

fatal error said:

It seems the last time I made a doom site people got the impression I was trying to make a new doom world style site,

You said it needed members. Look at Realm667.com for example, I don't recall tormentor667 asking for members. He utilized his site to make an editing resource with his Beastiary, Armory, and detailing guides. It's probably best that you make something worth while that people will use, and not telling people to join it.