Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ra02

MAPINFO

Hey there was a while since I've made a map so I've returned again and I need someone to help me with MAPINFO lump. I have mostly forgot what to write there. What I forgot is how do I end a level completely and how to add cluster and where to write the cluster text (end-game text).
Also how to add par time.

This is all I know for now:

map map01 "Map name"
sky1 rsky1 0.0
music D_RUNNIN
intermusic COBATRIB
next map02

thanks in advance

I thought I would get this kind of reply, as if I meant that I forgot how it works, thanks for showing me what I've read completely yesterday. Oh well, guess no templates here...

Note that the wiki has been updated with the new ZDoom syntax, and your blurb above is in the old. So just copying an example off the wiki wouldn't help you a lot, as you cannot mix both old and new syntax in the same lump. (The old syntax still works, of course.)

Why don't you look at the mapinfos in zdoom.pk3 to get examples of cluster use?

Ok thanks, any file that I can look up for custom monsters too? Downloaded from realm667

Edit: Ok so I somehow cannot seem to find anything about clusters in zdoom.pk3 what exactly should I be looking for?

Look at the files within the mapinfo folder.

For example:

map E1M1 lookup "HUSTR_E1M1"
{
	levelnum = 1
	titlepatch = "WILV00"
	next = "E1M2"
	secretnext = "E1M9"
	sky1 = "SKY1"
	cluster = 1
	par = 30
	music = "$MUSIC_E1M1"
}
That's a map (in new syntax). Notice the "cluster = 1" line. (In old syntax, it would be just "cluster 1".)
cluster 1
{
	flat = "FLOOR4_8"
	music = "$MUSIC_VICTOR"
	exittext = lookup, "E1TEXT"
}
That's a cluster (again, in new syntax). Here, the exittext property uses the lookup keyword because it refers to something that is defined in the LANGUAGE lump.

Thanks but never mind I've remembered a map Town Infection and it helped me a lot now everything works, time, music, cluster. Now only 1 thing I need to do. The title music, how do I define that (I use the old syntax) Do I just have to import music under the intro name? If so what is the name? Thanks for helping btw.

Edit: Ok now I somehow keep getting this error on map 2:
W_ReadLump: only read -1 of 0 on lump 2944
(Bad file descriptor)

Edit 2: Also I'm having problems with those custom monsters, I can see them in DECORATE files but they show as <!> in game. Something I missed?

Edit 3: Great now I somehow totally f**ked up my wad. The MAPINFO is not working, the music, skies and map names aren't there. What the hell?

Dude.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that backing stuff up before you do anything is a really really good idea

Hopefully you didn't lose much work.

Also Agent_Spork's Ultimate Simplicity has a good example mapinfo in it.