Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craigs

Rest in peace Esa Repo

I guess anyone who had been following Espi's situation knew that this could happen but it's just awful that it has.

Espi, you are, and will continue to be, missed.

Fuu. I remember seeing the thread where he lost his arm, I never thought he would end up dead with a lost arm.
/me sadface
R.I.P

Damn this is terrible news!
My sincerest condolences to Espi's loved ones. :(

Edit: I loaded up Suspended in Dusk as a tribute to his works but I just got to choked up :(

It's sad when a good person like him has to go through something like that. Espi, I didn't know you but I always heard great things about you from others. You will be missed.

This is really sad.
I did not know him personally, just his works, but is is always awful when someone dies.

RIP

RIP espi.

You were a huge inspiration for me (as well for others), your work inspires me alot. I don't know what else to say, I just wish I had contracted you before this happened. I feel pretty bad now about that now... :(

He will be missed by many. His mapping style was so unique, everyone loved his work. his maps and his memory will live on. RIP Espi.

I have thought alot about this over the last few days, and I just get sadder every time.

How someone can go through so much, yet remain so jovial and positive is testament to how much of a great guy Espi was and how much of a great tragedy this whole situation is.

I didn't know him personally, but I knew of him and saw him round. His legacy will live on, but he leaves a space which will never be filled.

Goodbye, Espi.

I haven't been around here in a while, but felt I had to post this...

This is very sad news. I did not know Espi personally but I knew that he was a respected and talented member of the Doom community. Back in 2001/2 I remember being inspired by his levels (not only in terms of design but texture & art). ruma, tolwatt are two of his levels I strongly remember for some reason, though his later maps were better known I guess.

I didn't know about the troubles that he faced in the last years... felt really bad to read all the things that he had gone through. I can't even imagine the willpower it would have taken to remain positive like he did, inspite of everything that happened.

My wishes to his family, friends & close ones to have the strength to bear this loss :(

I went to a funeral today for a work colleague who passed away suddenly in August. I found myself wondering whenever I pass over into whatever afterlife there is - I hope I'm allowed to make doom maps still.

So Espi - Here's hoping whomever is running whatever show is going on, on the otherside that they let you sit down and enjoy your past time and hobby for a long time to come.

Rest in peace.

Travers

Sad to hear about that. Gives me even more incentive to donate to cancer research. I hate that cancer crap. Recently lost my wife and father to it. Bad stuff. RIP Espi!

Even without knowing him well I've seen the gifted and amazing wads he left behind as his legacy. Even more so was his determination to maintain a place in this community, even with his amputation and on-going battle with cancer.

Sleep well Espi. I know you will be missed.

I'm not much of a regular around the doom community and I didn't know Espi at all other than he was a mapper. Regardless this news still saddens me. How can we loose such major part of this already small community...

I enjoyed his maps a lot, they were true masterpieces and I hope we can all learn from his work. RIP

On a side note, I think the 2008 Cacoward article about Back to Basics should be updated, because it says, "Let us hope we see some new Espi maps in the future.", and this is now an inappropriate comment to make. I believe it should be replaced by news about this terrible loss and condolences to his family/relatives.

You've really taken this to heart, Do0minat0r.

I dunno, I think it would be better if there was just a huge tribute in this year's cacowards rather than an edit to last year's. That way there wouldn't be a chance of it going unnoticed.