Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Just drop everything for a moment...

Have you heard this guy? Why haven't I? This Blue Sky Jamaican Ginger Ale I'm drinking tastes like Band Aid.

Heard this guy on a radio station in NYC. I then went on my trusty old Rhapsody account to figure out who the artist was. The song that played was called "Helicpoter" but I didn't catch the artist's name. Luckily among the zillions of 'helicopters' M. Ward's was like 3rd in the long list. But I thought this song "For Beginners" was the most immediately accessible. Nice sound! Sounds much better on Rhapsody than Youtube so if you have Rhapsody load it up; or seed it on Pandora.com

Did I catch a Zion in there? I'm generally not fond of acoustic music, and the song falls into the 'not fond of category'. It is rather hypocritical I suppose that I think the best album ever created was In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipO9Tvk1EI

Your father made fetuses with flesh licking ladies, while you and your mother were asleep in the trailer park.

Jello said:

Did I catch a Zion in there? I'm generally not fond of acoustic music, and the song falls into the 'not fond of category'. It is rather hypocritical I suppose that I think the best album ever created was In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipO9Tvk1EI

Your father made fetuses with flesh licking ladies, while you and your mother were asleep in the trailer park.

Not terribly fond of those ^ lyrics. The video you linked to sounds a little like The Decembrists. Pretty cool song tho. The guitar's a bit ... meh. But the lilting along melody is kinda cool.

Jello said:

It is rather hypocritical I suppose that I think the best album ever created was In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

I used to love that album, but neofolk kids ruined it for me.

I have to admit I am terribly disinterested in music that lingers. I tried listening to the song in the OP and stopped after about a minute and a half of the same riff and same uninteresting vocal part.

Acoustic music can be incredible, though. Most recently, the band Borknagar did a really fantastic folk-inspired record. It's hard to pick a favorite song from it, but here's one I could find at least:

The singer's accent can be a little awkward, but overall the album is really great. I love it.