Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vendettagainst

Doomworld on TV

I don't remember doomworld ever being on tv.

Call the tv stations and see if they still have the footage if they recorded it, or it might be on youtube somewhere. I kind of doubt anyone would bother putting it up somewhere though.

40oz said:

I don't remember doomworld ever being on tv.

The whole Columbine fiasco got DooMworld on TV. I think CNN (???). They interviewed the pre-Linguica leader at the time.

Georgef551 said:

The whole Columbine fiasco got DooMworld on TV. I think CNN (???). They interviewed the pre-Linguica leader at the time.

I thought it was Linguica when I read about it.

I have an old rig that can be used for browsing connected to a combined monitor/TV, but that's about as far as DW can ever get on TV for me.

I'm sure the news companies have archival footage of it somewhere. Might not hurt to ask them to release it, could be interesting.

Pretty sure that Covaro was on television as well, because in my recollection he was given a hard time for not having a long eloquent speech prepared (he said about 3 words IIRC :P )

Quasar said:

Pretty sure that Covaro was on television as well, because in my recollection he was given a hard time for not having a long eloquent speech prepared (he said about 3 words IIRC :P )

"Games don't kill."

I reckon that's it?

Quasar said:

He talked to President Clinton and was quite nervous :) He didn't really have an opportunity to give a speech of any sort. It was a question-and-answer session with kids after Columbine.

I remember taping it, although I'm sure that tape is long gone.

Nah, they just introduced some guy as a "Doom Website Master" and Bill shook his head when the Doomfan said that we looked like bad guys back then. 

Remember when people found scapegoats for Columbine and blamed Marilyn Manson and DOOM? 

Pepperidge Farm remembers 

I saw the GMA thing last year in a different thread. Good of GMA to have a "Doom website master" on since he fit the age demographic rather than say "official iD / Doom spokesperson."

Everyone is in control of their own actions whether their minors or not.

7 hours ago, stru said:

Can someone give some timestamps in regards to the Doom discussions? I don't have the time to dig through all that. 

52:54, as stated in my post.