Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Heinemann

great doom sidescoller...

"Doom 2D"

This seems to be a very nice Doom themed and fan-made sidescroller. 19 level, has multiplayer mode and is freeware.

The file is 2.5 MB

Original homepage is here:
http://www.doom-2d.prv.pl/

The server is in Poland and page sometimes refused to load for me. Hmm. Anyway, sweet looking graphics!

Hey, has this work been done by one of us (forum member)?

-----------
Die, Bonzi Buddy, Die!

Hm, that's right, I downloaded this a while ago, but never played it (forgot).

I think I'll go try now :)

Pete, that site is *ahem* abandonwarez...I mean the first link, the second one is fine.

So?

/me slaps lament

Pete, that site is *ahem* abandonwarez...I mean the first link, the second one is fine.

So?

/me slaps lament

If it's really truly an abandonware site, meaning that THE GAMES HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED BY THE COMPANY OR AUTHOR I think it's allowed. The problem is people posting "abandonware" sites which mistake things like Doom and Heretic for abandonware and put them up for download.

So?

/me slaps lament

If it's really truly an abandonware site, meaning that THE GAMES HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED BY THE COMPANY OR AUTHOR I think it's allowed. The problem is people posting "abandonware" sites which mistake things like Doom and Heretic for abandonware and put them up for download.

A lot of the games on the site can be bought still

So?

/me slaps lament

A lot of the games on the site can be bought still
On The Underdogs? I think they have a pretty strict policy about what is and isn't abandonware.

As long as it's still copyrighted, it's illegal to pirate it. Even if the company goes out of business, the copyright still stands for another 50 years. So abandonware is illegal.

As long as it's still copyrighted, it's illegal to pirate it. Even if the company goes out of business, the copyright still stands for another 50 years. So abandonware is illegal.

Yes, but the question is: who cares?

Bwhaha! You tell em! They *really* dont care (nobody does).

Its another excuse to pull up your ban (2nds please) or, at least play the mental scare on you so you agree with them.

Its another excuse to pull up your ban (2nds please) or, at least play the mental scare on you so you agree with them.

No, not really; it's actually a telefragged policy that the admins have to abide by (or ling will get fired).
However I'm not sure whether it concerns abandonware. And even if it does, underdogs is quite innocent.

No, not really; it's actually a telefragged policy that the admins have to abide by (or ling will get fired).
However I'm not sure whether it concerns abandonware. And even if it does, underdogs is quite innocent.

And DOOM2D is and always was freeware anyway.

Fah, Underdogs is a valid link IMO. The games available for download are either freeware or true abandonwarez. The ones that can be bought don't have download URLs, but links to Online Shops.