Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juiche

Monsters open doors

I'm using doom builder 2 skulltag (doom in hexen format). When I make door, monsters can too open it, but I don't want they can open it. How I can fix that?

Try using lindef action 114 (SR Door open wait close fast). Monsters can not open fast doors AFAIK.

Alternatively, you could operate the door with a switch. Monsters can not open remote switched doors AFAIK.

sparerib1968 said:

Try using lindef action 114 (SR Door open wait close fast). Monsters can not open fast doors AFAIK.

Alternatively, you could operate the door with a switch. Monsters can not open remote switched doors AFAIK.

Doesn't help with Hexen format. :P

The linedef properties window should have a checkbox "Monster activates" or something like that. Leave that empty

Jodwin said:

The linedef properties window should have a checkbox "Monster activates" or something like that. Leave that empty

Ofcourse I have leave it empty but monsters still opens doors.

Jodwin said:

Doesn't help with Hexen format. :P

Even if you have "monster activates" left empty, monsters can still open doors that use "H Door Raise (12)" with a movement speed of 63 or less and no sector tag.

To stop monsters from opening doors in hexen format while using H Door Raise, you can tag the door sector and the lines that open it, or don't use a sector tag for the line actions and use a movement speed of 64 or higher.

If nothing works, and you want the door to open slowly, you could always use a very simple acs script.

#include "zcommon.acs"

Script 1 (void)
{ 
Door_Raise(tag, speed, delay, 0)
}
Then on the switch that opens the door, set it to lindef action 80 and execute script one.