Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

More Model questions

So GZDoom currently only supports 1 skin per model. I have many MD3 models that utilize multiple skins for 1 model. The only solution I have found is to merge the skins into one image, then edit the model in Milkshape for the stitched together skin. The problem is that the MD2/MD3 format uses vertex keypoint animation while the MS3D format uses skeletal animation. It's easy to get the vertex keypoints from the skeletal information but almost impossible to get the skeletal information from vertex keypoints. As a result, I cannot keep the animations for my models, which defeats the purpose altogether, does anyone know a program that will allow for me to re-apply the skin in 1 file without losing all the animations? Currently Milkshape will not allow me to export the model with all the animations. Blender does not seem to have this functionality either.

Theres a skinning tool for quake, which is also used for doom models and all md2/md3 models alike. Pretty much for any md2/md3 models doesnt matter what the game is.
http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/md2v/index.html

Now, ive used this tool before when making models for Doomsday, but i'm not positive that it will work for what your trying to do. I just used it to apply some skins to some environment models I was making.

But I hope this helps in the least bit. You probably already have this program anyways, as it comes from the same page that milkshape is downloaded from lol

This is a useful tool, but its not going to allow me to stitch model skins together w/o losing teh animation

not sure what to tell you. Maybe someone here can help you out. doesnt look like your getting much help though