Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trooper077

Patrick Swayze Dead at 57

Has anyone found out the pattern of all the celebs that died this year were in their 50s or 60s?

Mr. Chris said:

Has anyone found out the pattern of all the celebs that died this year were in their 50s or 60s?

Yeah.

David Carradine
DJ AM
Ed McMahon
Walter Cronkite
Les Paul
Dom DeLuise
Natasha Richardson
John Updike

Uncanny!

Eponasoft said:

Further proof that smoking kills, no matter how famous you are.

Wait, what does pancreatic cancer have to do with smoking?

DuckReconMajor said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2009

# Mr Percival, 33, Australian pelican, animal actor (Storm Boy), natural causes.

;_;

Creaphis said:

What the fuck do you need a pancreas for

Where else would you put all yours creas?

It seems like every time that a celeb dies, someone claims that the year in question is being particularly hard on celebs. I've seen it happen every year since 2006 and that's only when I started noticing. I see nothing exceptional in 2009 as far as celeb deaths go.

Oda Mae Brown said:

Why don't you go haunt a house? Rattle some chains or something.

There's just been an unusual amount of famous deaths in a short period of time. People die all the time so it's nothing new in and of itself, it's just that several high-profile people have died within recent memory.

Eponasoft said:

There's just been an unusual amount of famous deaths in a short period of time.

I disagree. There may have been a number of famous people that you have heard of who died in a short space of time, but it doesn't seem to be a particularly dense period of celeb deaths to me. eg Billy Mays - everyone went on about his death being close to others. However, to me, that meant nothing at all 'cause I'd never even heard of the guy. However, if you were a follower of certain sports, you might have thought August 2007 was a particularly bad time to be a celeb given that Gay Brewer, Willie Cunningham, Karloff Lagarde and Doug Maxwell all dies - and on the same day too! But I'm guessing that, for most people around here, that didn't even register. It's easy to pick a handful of deaths and make a pattern out of them. I picked August 31st 2007 totally at random. Look up virtually any date on Wikipedia and you can invent a theme that it was "bad to be X" on that day.

Super Jamie said:

This made me laugh.

Damnit, I swear I've seen that damn pic on every goddamn site I've visited in the last 24 hours. If I see that damn image macro one more time...