Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Do you remember that scene from FRIENDS where Chandler wants to play Doom?

I know this may be far fetched, but do you remember during this old episode of FRIENDS were everybody are gathered around Chandler (well i think that's what the guy is called) and Chandler asks everybody at a inappropriate if they want to play Doom?

I am sort of looking for that scene but so far i have has no luck.

EDIT: I just found a sound clip of that moment http://www.entertonement.com/clips/gqdckphrnn--You-guys-want-to-play-DoomFriends-Matthew-Perry-Chandler-Bing-

But it's still not what i am looking for.

This might help. no luck finding it on youtube so far.

DOOM is referenced in Friends TV series.

In season 2, episode 8, Ross must choose between Rachel and Julie and starts making a list of pros and cons of each. Joey and Chandler are helping him, and Chandler is making the list on his brand new laptop with "Twelve megabytes of RAM, 500 megabyte hard drive. Built-in spreadsheet capabilities and a modem that transmits at over 28,000 BPS".

While they're making the list, Ross says that Julie is a paleontologist just like him, while Rachel is just a waitress. To that, Chandler replies: "Waitress. Got it. You guys wanna play Doom? [looks to Ross and Joey, who stare back] Or we could keep doing this. What else?"

There was an episode of ER around the same time; a guy installs Doom on the computer at the nurses' station. Throughout the episode more of the nurses pick up on it and nothing gets done.

Not that notable but a kid was shown playing doom in the movie 'breakdown' (kurt russell, kinda a redneck thriller like deliverance only in a different way). If I remember they didn't use correct doom sounds or something, just visuals, maybe to avoid sound copyright.

There was an episode of 'Blue Heelers' which is a show about Australian country police where they sneaked a copy of Shareware Doom onto the computers, which had a trojan on it so the kids father could HaXor the computers in the station, anyway they showed a couple of minutes of E1M2. I think it was the floppy disk version.