trooper077

Community Megawad Interested?

Interested?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Interested?

• Sounds Fun!!!!
    • Maybe I\'ll contribute something but not mapping
    • Nah

Greetings Doomworld (Couldn't think of anything else to begin with)

I have an idea of maikng a 32 megawad that the community could put together. The trick to this megawad though is that at the end of each level instead of a switch, there will be a boss type enemy of the mappers choice.Here are some of the guidelines for the wad

1: you must give all credit to the creator of the texture,monster or effect that you use

2:You must make the map in GZDOOM format doing this will allow you to add various things like powerups or runes

3.be prepared for everyone who is working on the project to see your maps. if the majority of the mappers don't like the map or certian parts in the map you might be asked to change it

4.If you sign on for the project and then do not do anything you WILL be kicked off the project and your map will be given to the next mapper avalable

5.every mapper will only make one map the whole idea of this is to get as many mappers on one project as possible

things i would like to have in the map:

A weapon set for the maps would be awesome if i could get someone like wild weasel or enjay signned on to do that it would be great

A Nazi themed map,probably 31 or 32 that would be by my request to an experienced mapper

ANYONE is welcome to join the megawad just because all maps are taken does not mean you can't do anything i might need someone to make a title pic or an inventory system

Co-op

I NEED A TITLE SUGGESTION

here is my hotmail heatedgun@hotmail.com

I wont be on till about 9:00 mountain time (alberta)

MAP01---
MAP02---
MAP03---
MAP04---
MAP05---
MAP06---
MAP07---
MAP08---
MAP09---
MAP10---
MAP11---
MAP12---
MAP13---
MAP14---
MAP15---
MAP16---
MAP17---
MAP18---
MAP19---
MAP20---
MAP21---
MAP22---
MAP23---
MAP24---
MAP25---
MAP26---
MAP27---
MAP28---
MAP29---
MAP30---
MAP31--- Wolfenstein RPG Harbringer--- Trooper 077
MAP32---

Possible weapons set---
Tittle Pic---
Anything else---

Signed on--- ArmouredBlood,walter confalonieri,

Some sites that might help you (Thanks for the idea armouredblood)

http://www.realm667.com/

Sounds interesting, I'd be up for a map. Is there any particular style you're looking at, or is anything acceptable? Also is the boss monster limited to just one or can we have a large end-map fight with multiple medium but well-done monsters? There have been few over-the-top boss enemies I'd consider stand-alone in the doom wads I've played (e.g. thunderpeak's 'terminator' I think it was).

Also 'title' at the end of the post is misspelled ;)

ArmouredBlood said:

Sounds interesting, I'd be up for a map. Is there any particular style you're looking at, or is anything acceptable? Also is the boss monster limited to just one or can we have a large end-map fight with multiple medium but well-done monsters? There have been few over-the-top boss enemies I'd consider stand-alone in the doom wads I've played (e.g. thunderpeak's 'terminator' I think it was).

Also 'title' at the end of the post is misspelled ;)

any style is acceptable,the large fight sounds good but i was thinking about maybe the map ending when you kill the monster but you could do that think of it as a megaman level you fight enemies until you reach the end where you fight a boss type character but your idea does sound good.

trooper077 said:

2:You must make the map in skulltag format doing this will allow you to add various things like powerups or runes

This doesn't seem like such a good idea.

I would make a map but I hate mapping in skulltag format for single player/coop.
If it was for DM or any of the other game modes skulltag offers I would gladly make a map.

the reason i want it in skulltag format is the powerups and the runes if anyone knows anyway to get them into GZDOOM or any prefered engine we'll do it

Eh ... it doesn't really matter to me which port we go for, but I probably won't use any special pickups. I might snag some random textures and sprites in addition to the boss monster, but I don't think the skulltag stuff really adds anything to SP.

pcorf said:

It should be for any limit removing port.

Does boom support DECORATE? I couldn't find anything on it when I was messing with the cactus so I simply added some sprites over something I wasn't using, but if it can that'd be great. Otherwise it looks like this will be zdoom derivative-ish anyway.

Sounds like an interesting Community megawad project, unfortunately I've never made a ZDOOM, GZDOOM or Skulltag map before and have very little time for mapping cause I'm in the middle of college(I prefer to make vanilla OR BOOM compatable maps anyway cause its easier for me to do). Although I am interesting in testing the maps if you need any testers.

Philnemba said:

Sounds like an interesting Community megawad project, unfortunately I've never made a ZDOOM, GZDOOM or Skulltag map before and have very little time for mapping cause I'm in the middle of college(I prefer to make vanilla OR BOOM compatable maps anyway cause its easier for me to do). Although I am interesting in testing the maps if you need any testers.

Totally were gonna need some testers so when we have three or four maps i'll contact you

trooper077 said:

Totally were gonna need some testers so when we have three or four maps i'll contact you

Cool, I'll try to keep in touch on this as best as I could :)
Also We need a name for this megawad like "Epic Boss Community Project" or something.

Based on my speculation, unless a GZDoom or skulltag wad is made by some very well known experienced mappers that almost ultimately means this wad is going to be bad.

Not to mention Community Chest 4 is already in progress and halfway to kicking ass.

40oz said:

Based on my speculation, unless a GZDoom or skulltag wad is made by some very well known experienced mappers that almost ultimately means this wad is going to be bad.

Not to mention Community Chest 4 is already in progress and halfway to kicking ass.

well i would love to have you work on a map

and i was thinking if it's ok with scuba steve if we can make level 32 an action doom 2 style level even if it's only one fight with a few action doom 2 characters it would be kinda cool

40oz said:

good point,but I think it really depends if mappers really want to get into this or not(especially experienced mappers like you said).

40oz said:
Not to mention Community Chest 4 is already in progress and halfway to kicking ass.[/B]

I'll be well worth the wait once its finish :D

trooper077 said:

at the end of each level instead of a switch, there will be a boss type enemy of the mappers choice.

32 bosses? Really?

trooper077 said:

It's worth a shot to try.If we can get enough people to join i think it will work.

Wanna Join?????

Got stuff I need to finish.

zap610 said:

32 bosses? Really?

Here's a list of Hard and Very Hard monsters from Beastiary:

1. Afrit
2. Annihilator
3. Archon of Hell
4. Avatar
5. Azazel
6. Bormereth
7. Bruiser Demon
8. Cacolantern
9. Cracko Demon
10. Cyber Baron
11. Cyber Mastermind
12. Cybruiser
13. Dark Cardinal
14. Dark Clink
15. Darkness Rift
16. Demolisher
17. Diabolist
18. Fusion Arachno
19. Hades Elemental
20. Hectebus
21. Hell Apprentice
22. Hell Smith
23. Hell's Fury
24. Hellstorm Archon
25. Incubus
26. Infernal Spider
27. Inferno Demon
28. Lord of Heresy
29. Moloch
30. Netherworld Queen
31. Overlord
32. Pyro Demon
33. Repeater Zombie
34. Sentinel
35. Shadow Beast
36. Source Guardian
37. Super Demon
38. Supreme Fiend
39. Terminator
40. Thamuz
41. Thor

See? It can be done.

walter confalonieri said:

Just one question: who did the Imp Trite? I don't remember the author...

Submitted: Tormentor667
Decorate: Neoworm
Sounds: Id Software
Sprites: Id Software
Sprite Edit: Neoworm

About your map ... the biggest things are the music/anime references on the walls of the slime room. They just don't fit doom =/ I guess since it's gzdoom the mp3 format is ok, but still, it's adding a lot of space. I really liked the slime room otherwise, and while the rest of the map isn't exactly memorable it does ok.

Thats quite a good map walter, I like the slime path part although the anime textures don't fit well with DOOM but at least it fits well with the music. Btw its possible not to disturb the Hellknight once you get the blue key because of the direction its facing.

trooper077 said:

It's worth a shot to try.

\

No it's not.