Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
godlike

WTF? DB help, blue screen of death

I get the blue screen of death only when using doombuilder, it happens a few minutes into editing, on the stop message this is what I get

0x0000008E (OxCOOOOOO5, OXBFA4F844, 0XEE67DB68, OxOOOOOOO)

It also says something about a display .dll or something

I am using DB1

I do not know what all of those codes mean but the second number is the exception code for an ordinary segmentation violation.

Quasar said:

I do not know what all of those codes mean but the second number is the exception code for an ordinary segmentation violation.

Huh? What does that mean? How can I fix it?

I don't think that you can. However, first of all, what operating system are you using? I would be very surprised if a normal application like DB can cause a BSOD on XP or later.

Quasar said:

I don't think that you can. However, first of all, what operating system are you using? I would be very surprised if a normal application like DB can cause a BSOD on XP or later.

I am using windows xp, a old computer, with only 512mb ram, the ram is still under 512 when using DB1, I will be in the middle of making a level and it just cuts off and goes to blue screen without warning and I have to restart my whole computer witch is a pain.

Quasar said:

Ever since I even started to use DB whenever I started it up a microsoft standard edition 2003 download thing comes up and stays up so I have to click the .exe twice and keep the download thing up, witch never downloads it just says I need a cd or something, if that helps