Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

I am looking for some playtesters to give me feedback on my map

Hi! I am looking for some people or a person to playtest a map i am making for Doom 2 in Zdoom/hexen format.

Do0minat0r use to be the one who playtested maps for me but for some reason i can't message him since i just get a message that says he is forbidden from getting PM so i am assuming that he has been banned from the forums for some reason.

Is there anyone who wants to playtest for me? Here is some basic information about this map.

1. It's for Doom2.
2. It's being made in Zdoom-Hexen format.
3. The map has colored lighting.
4. It uses new textures.
5. It uses PSX Doom sounds as i am trying to emulator the feel of PSX DOOM.

Thank you!

-Hardcore_gamer.

EDIT: I am trying to upload some screneshots but my internet is giving me trouble.

EDIT: I have added a nr.5 above.

hardcore_gamer said:

Do0minat0r use to be the one who playtested maps for me but for some reason i can't message him since i just get a message that says he is forbidden from getting PM so i am assuming that he has been banned from the forums for some reason.

I think you mean Brandon B. Lade, he has been losered.

walter confalonieri said:

Hello! I'm in.

Eponasoft said:

I'll give it a try.

Ok, i will PM you a download link in a short time. Anyone else who still wants to playtest for me just say so.

kristus said:

ZOMG Instant Cacowards! :O

:p

lol

Oh! And by the way, how did you get back to the forums walter confalonieri? I though you were loserd/banned.

dutch devil said:

I think you mean Brandon B. Lade, he has been losered.

Really? Do0minat0r always seemed more mature than that. I guess it makes sense, having been registered a month after Kak Home was losered.

I just thought his WoS promoting got on some admin's nerves.

DuckReconMajor said:

Really? Do0minat0r always seemed more mature than that. I guess it makes sense, having been registered a month after Kak Home was losered.

What is WoS?

Ok, thank you guy's :)

I am going to grab myself something to eat and then PM you guys a download link later today :)

Again, anyone who still wants to help is welcome to do so.

EDIT: I have PM, i am looking forward to your feedback :)

hardcore_gamer said:

Oh! And by the way, how did you get back to the forums walter confalonieri? I though you were loserd/banned.

Because i just joined the 1994 pimp project map by snarboo, i asked to him on zdoom and since with this new access no one gave me troubles, i'm here. And right i'm here, i'll see to do some projects of my personal interest...

DuckReconMajor said:

Brandon D. Lade was losered because he was unstable mentally (always fussy about ratings and using that as a holy law of validity, and getting cranky like hell was coming). Do0minat0r seemed okay in his posting -- just like Brandon D. Lade -- but his last post showed that he couldn't cure his anal-retentiveness, and maybe he also had something else giving him away, so he was losered as well, for protection... I guess.

printz said:

Brandon D. Lade was losered because he was unstable mentally (always fussy about ratings and using that as a holy law of validity, and getting cranky like hell was coming). Do0minat0r seemed okay in his posting -- just like Brandon D. Lade -- but his last post showed that he couldn't cure his anal-retentiveness, and maybe he also had something else giving him away, so he was losered as well, for protection... I guess.

Huh, I was wondering what happened with that.

Anyways, can I get a copy of this map as well? I'll playtest it when I get home from work.

the iron hitman said:

Can I playtest this map?

Krispavera said:

Huh, I was wondering what happened with that.

Anyways, can I get a copy of this map as well? I'll playtest it when I get home from work.

Of course, i will PM you the same download link i sent snakes and the other ones. Note however that i have made changes and added stuff to the map since then but i won't bother to upload a new version of the map until i have added more stuff and created more areas.

Just played through this map (took me 3 hours due to rapidshare making me wait that long to download the damn thing). But anyways...

Looks pretty good, it has potential to go places. I especially liked the textures used, and those tunnels at the beginning with the sloped walls and coloured lighting. The stone wall texture in the outer area of the map didn't seem to fit very well though, but that is all I can gripe and moan about :P Very good start, and pretty cool secret too.

the iron hitman said:

Just played through this map (took me 3 hours due to rapidshare making me wait that long to download the damn thing). But anyways...

Looks pretty good, it has potential to go places. I especially liked the textures used, and those tunnels at the beginning with the sloped walls and coloured lighting. The stone wall texture in the outer area of the map didn't seem to fit very well though, but that is all I can gripe and moan about :P Very good start, and pretty cool secret too.

Thanks, the map has progressed well since the version i sent you. I also added a green armor to the courtyard. Also, i have replaced the Quake 2 track with a PSX Doom style ambiance track since i think it fits the feel of the level allot better. Plus this will be a long map so people would probably grow tired if hearing the same music track over and over.

How successful did you think i was emulating the PSX DOOM feel by the way?

hardcore_gamer said:

How successful did you think i was emulating the PSX DOOM feel by the way?

Pretty successful actually. I loaded up the wad and it instantly gave me a feel of PSX Doom. I liked the Quake 2 track, but the PSX soundtrack would be better suited to the level (and even a D64 soundtrack would fit it well).

And you once told me you would never map for Zdoom...how time has changed :P.

Pretty interesting but I don't think it runs 100% perfectly in my version of Vavoom...the sky is missing, for example. Good work so far though.

the iron hitman said:

Pretty successful actually. I loaded up the wad and it instantly gave me a feel of PSX Doom. I liked the Quake 2 track, but the PSX soundtrack would be better suited to the level (and even a D64 soundtrack would fit it well).

And you once told me you would never map for Zdoom...how time has changed :P.

I have already replaced the Quake 2 track with a more ambient soundtrack, and about mapping for Zddom......well i did not have Doom Builder 2 back then! Adding lots of detail and creating slopes feels more streamlined now. Plus i can't add colored lights without using Zdoom or Skulltag.

Eponasoft said:

Pretty interesting but I don't think it runs 100% perfectly in my version of Vavoom...the sky is missing, for example. Good work so far though.

Well i have NO idea how Vavoom works, though my guess is that the reason for why the sky did not appear is because i don't think Vavoom can read the MAPINFO lumps Zdoom uses.

Also, i have replaced the Sky with one of the space sky's from TNT so it looks allot better now.

hardcore_gamer said:

Well i have NO idea how Vavoom works, though my guess is that the reason for why the sky did not appear is because i don't think Vavoom can read the MAPINFO lumps Zdoom uses.

Yes it can.

kristus said:

Yes it can.

Well i have no idea what is wrong thenþ

walter confalonieri said:

Beautiful map from how i can see. Keep it in this way!

Thank you very much!