Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron of Destruction

DB2 Custom Monsters for Doom 2??

If I remember correctly, the current version of DB2 doesn't show decorations yet.

Philnemba said:

If I remember correctly, the current version of DB2 doesn't show decorations yet.

You do not remember correctly.

Bod, when you open a map wad you can select resources wads or zips to be loaded as well. Select the files with your custom monsters there.

yes, iv done this.. when using normal doom2 format, the creatures done even show up anywhere.. when i use zdoom(doom in hexen format), the monster apears and is coinsiderd a "decorate"..

when i go to test the map using zdoom,
i get...

"script error, "DECORATE" line 88: "NOINTERACTION" is an unknown flag"

Iv tried so many different things... i can see the custom monster on the map, i can find it under "decorates" in my things colum... i just cant test the map! i cannot load the map, with the custom monsters on it...

Ok, so i have DB2. I know how to upload my custom monster .wads into DB2. I make a map with a doom2 .wad containing the custom monster wad. within it. i use zdoom(doom in hexen format) so i can see my custom monster in the "decorate" category at the bottom of my things list.
I make a simple map, containing the custom monster within.. the monster appears as a decorate.. not a monster.

when i go to test the map, using Zdoom, i get this "fatal error" in the zdoom prompt screen.

Any ideas on what to do here? all help is greatly apreciated.
thanks!

Baron of Destruction said:

You're using a version of ZDoom older than 2.3.0.