Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

i am making a map at the moment. i could give it to you as one of the maps (its a techbase) for the wad, but it's in skulltag format, with skulltag textures and heavy use of 3d floors and zdoom features, if thats okay. (if needed i can replace the skulltag textures with stock doom2 textures.)

Ultraboy94 said:

i am making a map at the moment. i could give it to you as one of the maps (its a techbase) for the wad, but it's in skulltag format, with skulltag textures and heavy use of 3d floors and zdoom features, if thats okay. (if needed i can replace the skulltag textures with stock doom2 textures.)

you have to make it for a Limit Removing port (boom...ect) so no zdoom festures. (as rules in first post state)

and I started my map but only got 1 room so far. It going to be a wood/metal themed map with a few tech lights thrown in. I will post screenshots when I get home from college.

Ultraboy94 said:

Hehe, I will not accept this map. Sorry mate.

Feel free to upload it to the archives as a stand alone level.

I may also chip in with a small map of my own after I get the upgrade to WOS out of the way.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Out of curiosity pcorf, at which part of the progression through the megawad would you place an abandoned city?

Also yes, this is meant to imply that I am working on something for this. I dunno if I'll get it out of the way by the end of the year with school and all but I'll try.

Fisk said:

Out of curiosity pcorf, at which part of the progression through the megawad would you place an abandoned city?

Also yes, this is meant to imply that I am working on something for this. I dunno if I'll get it out of the way by the end of the year with school and all but I'll try.

I'm not sure. It all depends of how many maps I get. A city maybe perhaps 40 to 50% the way through.

Would it matter if I used a previously released map for Doom and tidied it up for Doom 2?

Mr. Chris said:

Would it matter if I used a previously released map for Doom and tidied it up for Doom 2?

I prefer original levels only. Levels that haven't been released.

Hello i just started yesterday to working on a short map ("2048x2048" grid map, but really takes out from original grid idea), next time i'll see to add some screenshot. In the meanwhille, have the pleasure of this fancy comment on Malinku map ^_-

A few questions, if you don't mind:

1. If it's limit removing, can I make the map in Boom format?

2. What if multiple people make a MAP07/MAP30?

3. Are custom things okay? (I probably won't add these, but I just want to know)

Abyssalstudios1 said:

A few questions, if you don't mind:

1. If it's limit removing, can I make the map in Boom format?

2. What if multiple people make a MAP07/MAP30?

3. Are custom things okay? (I probably won't add these, but I just want to know)

AWNSERS

1. Limit Removing is preferred.

2. I do not prefer. I might make a MAP07 for the project. But if anyone wants to make an Icon of Sin map please let me know.

3. They are not okay. Its gotta be Doom-ish.

I'm going to make a fleshy wooden techbase church themed map in an underground lava-cavern. It's going to be filled with imps, demons, hell knights, pain elementals, revenants, archviles, and spider masterminds. There will be many candles and perhaps a few candelabras. There will be blood. There will be gore. It will be fun.

I made a map several months ago. I made a topic for it and all, but it fell off the radar after that. Its not in idgames or anything like that. Whats your policy on that?

Butts said:

I'm going to make a fleshy wooden techbase church themed map in an underground lava-cavern. It's going to be filled with imps, demons, hell knights, pain elementals, revenants, archviles, and spider masterminds. There will be many candles and perhaps a few candelabras. There will be blood. There will be gore. It will be fun.

Sounds good!

Abyssalstudios1 said:

Nice screenshot, Arrrgh, even if I want to go all OCD on the lighting.

So... I can make it Boom?

Ahh who cares. Make it Boom.

Edit: Boom compatibility isn't really preferred but I will make notes in the text file to any Boom compatible maps.

This sounds like a good chance to rekindle my mapping hobby. The only issue is dedicating time for it outside of college life.

I have an incomplete wood/lava map I stopped working on a year ago-- perhaps more. I might continue working on that, but I cannot promise anything. I'll cut back on the switches of course. (Those who tried out Hyper-Node α know what I'm talking about.)

Progress on my second map is a bit slow, I'll possible post up some more screenshots tomorrow if I have time.

SO about taht previously made map. never got a response on that.

I've started using a few Boom features in my map(mostly translucency), hope you don't mind... I can remove it if you'd like. Still laying out the layout, haven't added much detail yet.

A couple of more screenshots of my second map.

Also that's a nice screenshot you got there arrrgh, I like the way you put that BFG9000 in the middle of that room.

Hi!
I have made some maps in the early years - way back in 1995 - but I've never published any maps. Here's a pic of one I did back then, with some later improvements. So, will you accept 14-year old maps too ;)