Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enjay

Well, that's my Christmas "want list" sorted:

I could be mistaken, but I think light guns only work with CRTs for some reason that is beyond me and I don't feel like looking at the moment.

Yeah, old light guns only work with CRTs. Light gun games for the Wii however avoid this issue by using the sensor bar instead of the TV for input.

Holy crap!! Its a Gamers dream come true!!!!
Too bad its the only one of its kind.

Technician said:

Such awesome content packed in such a gay robot.

No that's the gold one.

My custom arcade cabinet accomplishes the same thing. Plus I get the awesome arcadey controls. Actually, that one has since been cannibalized so it's time to build another.

Bank said:

No that's the gold one.

"Oh-my... goodness, gracious me!
I'm a gay man's golden fantasy!
Programmed for homo-ecstasy,
Ten Million forms of gay positioning."

Snarboo said:

Yeah, old light guns only work with CRTs. Light gun games for the Wii however avoid this issue by using the sensor bar instead of the TV for input.

And it creates another issue of requiring a cursor to be drawn on the screen because the aiming is not 1:1. What you end up is something about as exciting as a point-and-click web-based flash shooter.

Exactly. You're not really "pointing" the remote at the screen, you're just moving your wrist and watching the cursor. Personally, I think that is what caused the general failure of FPS games on the Wii. I was so excited when I read the first previews on Red Steel. One of the biggest disappointments of my life. I wish they could have come up with a better solution.

If I had the resources and the know how I would totally make something like that. Probably not in an R2D2 case but still.