Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Geerdy

What if ... ! Don't flame my for this one

hey,
I euh ...I have a "bad" question for ya al.
What if the new Doom sucks ? (I really hope it will not i'm following everything up since 1st June 2000)
I know maybe this is a wrong question. I'm a Id-Software fan/shoot em-up fan to. and I trust the ID-team on this one.

How did I came up with this "stuped" question?
I was playing doom today and I tought by myself "waoow, how will this all look in the new game?, and wil there be the same atmosfear to !?
I think we're gonne see some cool stuff soon not many but something.

Also we know a lot of technical stuff, time to discuss the in-game stuff .... :-)

Your faith is weak. Prepare to suffer the consequences.

I just hope you're ready to look like dude on goatse.

DC

My fait is not weak ! dudes
Its the Question that comes with the worst nightmare of all of us... Its a part of the waiting game,that we all starting playing on 1st jun 2000 :-)

"Doom doen't Die ... Only his players.'

I seriously doubt that the game will "suck", but it may not live up to everyone's expectation.
I think I will be fairly easy to satisfy (more so than a few years ago where I expected a potential 'new Doom' to be very similar in style to the old games). I have seen a few screenshots and a video (not counting the "fire scene") and I must say that the visuals exceed my expectations - I can only hope for the same regarding gameplay.

One thing's for sure: I will only be dissapointed if the gameplay isn't fun enough (and maybe if I don't like the new story).

One thing's for sure: I will only be dissapointed if the gameplay isn't fun enough (and maybe if I don't like the new story).

Yeah, same here. As far as I've seen, there definitely ISN'T a problem with the realism of the graphics engine. Here's hoping for an FPS blockbuster...

I hope the consequences are "The new Doom" on nightmare skill :-)
but , i think it is not easy to make a "Doom".
The standard that they(Id-software)builded with doom 1 and 2 are very high and no other game have overwon that ! It will not be easy to "beat" they're own game and make a game with a even higher new standard gameplay,and coolnes level.
but I have a feeling that they are going to do that
and make the Triology complete.....

Also we know a lot of technical stuff, time to discuss the in-game stuff .... :-)

µ

We discussed everything we want to see in the game months ago. All the interesting stuff has already been said in the old forums, so we just have to wait for new information. And then wait some more.

I think you still have to take in consideration that doom is a game and a game only. It will not make your live better of give you a reason to live. It's nothing more then just some code running on a machine. I do not say that it will not enrich your live, but just in the same way that happens when you are looking forward for an day at beach and then it starts raining.

So if doom sucks (I doubt this) then I will discuss this here and have faith in quake4 or whatever.

You are so right about that Zoost ... :-)
"just" code loved by a "few" fans .....

I'm looking forward to Unreal 2 en Unreal tournament 2 and Quake 4 and other games. I just love gaming.

just,... I hope/i have a good feeling it will be a blockbuster...

"Wait and see..." John Carmack

i agree with dsm said.is it fun?and will it have the same tention and "weirdness" like the original?yup all we can do is wait and see...

everytime i see this screenshot.i like to believe that id will be able to bring the great SP experience for us again.it's just a faith,but not a blind faith.can't wait to see this game in action...

hey,
I euh ...I have a "bad" question for ya al.
What if the new Doom sucks ? (I really hope it will not i'm following everything up since 1st June 2000)
I know maybe this is a wrong question. I'm a Id-Software fan/shoot em-up fan to. and I trust the ID-team on this one.

How did I came up with this "stuped" question?
I was playing doom today and I tought by myself "waoow, how will this all look in the new game?, and wil there be the same atmosfear to !?
I think we're gonne see some cool stuff soon not many but something.

First off, your punctuation, spelling, and capitalization skills sux0r. Learn to type my friend.
Second off, there's a 50-50 chance that the New Doom (TM) will or will not suck. No one can say at this point, not even id, probably. Wait and see, wait and see....