Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

doom on mobile

does anyone have a port of doom which they play on their mobile? just interested, since i dont really hear many people on here with it.

i have mydoomce for my htc qtek 8500, since thats the only port that i can get to work on my mobile. it's a good solid port which runs suprisingly smoothly since my phone isnt the creme de la creme.
only problems are that you cant save options, cheats wont work, you cant run and automap is also unusable. and no music, but i can fix that by playing a doom midi on the windows media player in the background while running the game. its a bit slower but its still playable.

i might post photos of my phone running the game later.

I've never had much luck getting Doom to work on a portable device, but then again, I've pretty much always got my laptop whenever I leave the house anymore, so I've always got ZDoom with me...

I had Doom on my iPod 4g (which was black and white with a lower resolution than the original Game Boy...) via Rockbox. Kind of neat, but wasn't practical at all :-)

I've got Doom on my PSP, which I take almost everywhere, so I often play Doom when I'm on the bus or in the car. :D

I usually disable music because it craps out randomly and brings the rest of the sound down with it until I reboot.