Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

I just received Roundabout by Krispavera. A good fun level to play.

We need to eventually come up with a name for this episode/megawad for example like "Whispers of Satan". Of course it won't be named Whispers of Satan!

I might also contribute a level myself but not 100% sure right now. I still have to finish off WOS's new MAP06 first.

Name suggestions (feel free to ignore):

- Uncivil Dissonance
- Popular Dissent
- Unholy Avocation
- The Devil's Playground
- Carnival of Abhorrence

I screwed my back up Sunday and haven't been able to work on mapping. I don't think I can get mine done in time.

The pictures in this thread are looking great.

@ dutch devil: The seeming randomness of your inebriated efforts has a strange beauty all its own. I'll be sad if you give up just because the texture isn't what you hoped for. Be bold, and make something like we've never seen!

As the cement textures seem to be shunned a lot, I think it's nice to see someone use mostly those in a level. BTW, why some people think it's ugly? Because of heavy contrasts?

Well, here's something from my castle-level. Every castle needs to have it's own little chappel. And this one comes with organs!

Heh, cool.

Sparerib, those name suggestions sound like an attempt to make a cool name when all the decent names have been taken. Not to keen on those suggestions, maybe something simpler and more memorable, a single word maybe even?

DutchDevil, I think that concrete tiles looks great. Reminds me of a subway station.

dutch devil said:

My map so far, I've only done the first few rooms. Mapping isn't fun with an hangover.
<Shots x 3>

The first set of shots that was looking interesting.

kristus said:

The first set of shots that was looking interesting.

You mean the first 3 shots? I'm still working on it, and texturing hasn't changed much for the inside rooms. The outside area has changed an bit, I got new and hopefully better ideas for the layout.

This is more to my tastes, its still very much work in progress. But I allready like how its going to turn out.
Old:

New:

I think it looks quite good, dutch, and is fairly striking (which I think is a good thing in this case). I like that second shot a fair amount, it's something one doesn't see too often in doom maps, or one that if is present is not executed well. Nice job.

The bricks definitely fit that area much better than the slime bricks. Looks like your map is shaping up to be pretty spiffy, certainly puts mine to shame.

Question about the overall continuity of different levels:

should consecutive levels end->start in locations which have resemblance to each other?
(I wonder if that sentence made any sense, since I'm not a native english speaker)

For example, I was thinking about submitting a map where you end the level by jumping into a deep hole, thus making it semsible that the next level would start underground or a dungeon.

Altough I understand that making things flow well would require either more co-operation with submitters, or some final touching by Pcorf.

Any thoughts?

Aaglo, I think that would be cool, maybe at the end, once all the maps are completed and put in order we could edit our maps to do that? I'm thinking of making a new map for this, one with a brick theme, get some shots up once there's anything worth seeing.

Well, for the record ;)

Here's where the player enters on my level:

And here's where the player exits from my level (that 64x64 hole in the center of the indentation):

aaglo said:

Well, for the record ;)

Here's where the player enters on my level:
http://i38.tinypic.com/30i8cp1.png

And here's where the player exits from my level (that 64x64 hole in the center of the indentation):
http://i34.tinypic.com/2s1ktbt.png

align the brick edge next to the rail in the first shot ;) And that's a very wimpy hole to the next level, I was thinking some big well edge or broken floor with a jagged edge. Also the marble -> cement looks a little weird, needs some breakage imo.

Looks good otherwise.

And uhh, I'll get around to that map sometime ... before Halloween at least -.-

I have a question Paul that caught my attention.

pcorf said:

MAPS RECEIVED

phil01.wad by Philnemba
Granite Base by Captain Toenail
Roundabout by Krispavera

How come your not using the actually name of my map which I wrote in my text file?

Philnemba said:

How come your not using the actually name of my map which I wrote in my text file?

Because Phil01.wad sounds much cooler than anything else nobody could come up with ;)?
I wondered that myself too.

aaglo said:

Because Phil01.wad sounds much cooler than anything else nobody could come up with ;)?

lol, Well there is an ultimate DOOM wad in the archives called Phildoom.wad however its made by someone else.

Philnemba said:

Why because I think you deserved to be a part of the deceived. Ahh don't worry!

Anyway go back to page 1 and you'll see I've changed the name from phil01.wad to its normal name.

ArmouredBlood said:

(snip)
Also the marble -> cement looks a little weird, needs some breakage imo.

The cement is there for a reason. Altough the castle tries to look nice and gritty and old and hollywoodlike, it's all shams and illusions. Actually it's quite modern, when you scratch the surface a bit :)

aaglo said:

The cement is there for a reason. Altough the castle tries to look nice and gritty and old and hollywoodlike, it's all shams and illusions. Actually it's quite modern, when you scratch the surface a bit :)

Heh, that's an interesting idea. I'd like to see how this works out.

pcorf said:

Why because I think you deserved to be a part of the deceived. Ahh don't worry!

Anyway go back to page 1 and you'll see I've changed the name from phil01.wad to its normal name.

Sweet! Thanks Paul for correcting that :D

I just received Sacrificial Castle by Aki Neuvonen.

A nice old-school like map.

I have removed the 3D mode start from the map.

pcorf said:

A nice old-school like map.

Sure it's old-shool like - I originally made it in 1995 - and retouched it a bit in 2009 :)

Oh, and could you please use my forum name instead of my real name - just to keep things clearer :) . Cheers.

aaglo said:

Sure it's old-shool like - I originally made it in 1995 - and retouched it a bit in 2009 :)

Oh, and could you please use my forum name instead of my real name - just to keep things clearer :) . Cheers.

Olen tehnyt niin!

Two new screen shots...

there's not a new sky texture... i just tested it on plutonia.wad, but still be a doom2.wad stuff.... don't worry...

Whatever, maps are near to the 10000 sidedefs, and 5000 linedefs... still working on it...

I'm probably going to consolidate a couple of 3-4 year old maps of mine into one and submit it for this project. The maps are reasonably good, I think, somewhat too linear by modern standards, but I think they look and play decently... it's just that I'll never release them on their own, so I might as well let them see the light of day in some format :)

Yeah thanks for all the shots. All looking good and surely they all play good too. I'm going to be very busy with my new job over the next few weeks but will still have some spare time for other things.

I just cant find inspiration in anything. :(