Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swec

Is there any moar tree obstacles?

Hello.

Is there any moar tree obstacles?
i think it is to common whit only 'Lagre brown tree' 'grey tree' and mabey 'stalagmite'

I have done a large outdoor and indoors map and i need some moar Obstacles. even mabey a megapack of textures? just now i am using soma megawads to get new textures that goes along whit my map.

Thanks!

//Martin

There are other trees and assorted vegetation in other Doom engine games. Here's a list. The graphic style won't always match that of Doom, of course.

Then there are rips from other games, and there are various mods. It'd be impossible to list them all.

Hacx has a large tree, a bush, a decorative thin and tall tree, and a patch of flowers, all with leaves using the same style.

Heh, I think you guys are giving me too much credit. I think I spent a few hours in MSPaint doing them. Like always, my stuff is free to use unless otherwise noted.

Kurt Kesler has made a set of tree sprites that he used in several of his maps over the years.

EQ: Nice ones.

Thanks for all reply's!

But it don't solve my problem completely.
I want to use the standard tree and decoration things not swap them out for any others.

Maybe i am doing it wrong do?
I just implant the WAD file. it work whit textures. but it is mabey harder to get more selections from 'Things list'

Swec said:

But it don't solve my problem completely.
I want to use the standard tree and decoration things not swap them out for any others.

Then what you need to do depends on what port you use, because you need to define new actors and only some advanced ports allow you to do that.

Doomsday (DED), EDGE (DDF), Eternity (EDF), and ZDoom (DECORATE) are four different ways of defining new actors without altering existing ones.

Here's an article on creating a simple decoration in DECORATE, for use with ZDoom, GZDoom, Skulltag or Vavoom.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Creating_non-interactive_decorations