Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
chungy

World of Goo birthday sale, $ReallyCheap

Sure why not

EDIT: Picked it up for $4.24 Canadian on impulse. The house I live in is swimming in games of all sorts so it's not like I need it, but the games-by-donation model seems like something worth supporting.

Oh man. Ethical dilemma. :p Should I use the offer to my personal maximum gain. Or should I pay "what I think it's worth"?

Yep.

kristus said:

Or should I pay "what I think it's worth"?

I tried and it wouldn't let me.

jk, I might download the trial sometime before Monday, then pay a decent amount for it if I like it.

What are the system requirements for this?

It kind of annoys me because it used to be easy to find system requirements for every game, but these days you never can, even though it seems like a lot less games work with my PC anymore.

You'd think so, but there are even sprite-based games out there these days that will slow down my computer just because of all the shaders and effects they use.

From the world of goo website:

What systems does World of Goo run on, and what are the system requirements?

The game is currently available on WiiWare and for Windows (XP/Vista) and Mac. To play it on Windows, you basically need a PC that's 5 years old or newer (1GHz or faster CPU, 512MB of RAM, 100MB of disk space, a 3D graphics card, DirectX 9.0c). On Mac, you need OSX 10.4 or later, with either Intel cpu or PPC G4 or better.

Just finished it. I was mostly playing for the art and overall presentation, but that doesn't mean the game isn't fun - it's just that the art is brilliant.

Playing the Demo version, pretty cool stuff. I might set up a PayPal account for this, heh.

heh; might inspect that paypal page a bit more, it is possible to use just a regular credit card rather than setting up an actual PayPal account.

They even tell you that right on the sale page.

Picked it up for 3 Bux because my interest will wander before I finish it. Didnt wanna totally bone them though. Ive had the demo for ages and it's a great game.

Bought it for $5. If it turns out to not work, then eh, haven't wasted much.

I bought it when it first came out. Really enjoyed it. Simply gameplay, gorgeous art and sound/music. Puzzles were decent as well.

That said, its not a game I would play twice - theres no enjoyment now that I know the solutions. Needs an expansion pack or something.

The sale's been extended to October 25... if you didn't get it already, there's still a really good deal on the table.

Did anyone else's crash when talking to the program at the end of Chapter 4? I think mine's broken now. I get a "Failed creating the Direct3D device" error when trying to run it. Although it wouldn't surprise me if this is one of the puzzles, heh.

//edit

Rebooting the computer seems to have fixed it, never mind.

Planky said:

That said, its not a game I would play twice - theres no enjoyment now that I know the solutions. Needs an expansion pack or something.

Has anyone tried getting the OCD flags for each level? I've managed 3 so far.