Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fenriswolf

Good 64*128 rock textures?

Hello!
At the moment Im searching for nice 64*128 rock textures. I really like those used in Hexen, but most of them are 128*128, I tried to cut them but it didn't look really great so I wanted to ask you if you know any good-looking textures. If possible, a download-link would be great as well!
Thank you!

You'd be surprised what you can find with google images when making your own textures. It's not that difficult, just search for some free game textures and see what you can come up with.

I'm not sure why you would want ones that are even smaller than 128x128. When it comes to rock textures, I'd generally go for at least 256x256 or 512x256 (or bigger), or at least the closest to it that the port I'm mapping for can handle. Otherwise you usually end up with excessive, ugly-looking obvious tiling and repetition even on relatively small structures.

You can still use that wide textures in Vanilla. What he is asking for is rock textures of the same dimensions as Heretic. Which is really meager.

Indeed, in vanilla you'd be limited to 128 units tall but you could go for at least 256x128 (a la Suspended in Dusk), or even 512x128 or 1024x128 (though I think you might need to use multiple patches).

The reason I want 64*128 textures is that I wanted to replace older textures from Heretic with newer, better-looking ones. Of course I could also edit the texture lump and edit the size of the textures so that they are 128*128 but then, there will be some ugly-looking parts in the custom maps and wrong texture alignment...