Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Do0minat0r

Whispers of Satan: Long-anticipated megawad finally here

Paul Corfiatis and Kristian Aro have released their project Whispers of Satan after about 3 years of development. This megawad contains 30 normal levels, plus 5 bonus levels, one of which can only be reached by warping to it. Click on the link above for more information and a download.

Using PrBoom 2.5.0 for Mac, latest compatibility settings... MAP03. After entering the rocket launcher secret (that with a lift), after the lift raised, it crashed to Mac with a Segmentation Fault. I had the automap on and was playing with -fast. I pressed tab to exit the automap when this stupid crash happened. These fuckers are the followers of Visplane Overflows I swear.

printz said:

Using PrBoom 2.5.0 for Mac, latest compatibility settings... MAP03. After entering the rocket launcher secret (that with a lift), after the lift raised, it crashed to Mac with a Segmentation Fault. I had the automap on and was playing with -fast. I pressed tab to exit the automap when this stupid crash happened. These fuckers are the followers of Visplane Overflows I swear.

I used to get weird unpredictable crashes with PrBoom on Mac years ago; I could never figure out what was actually causing them. I avoided the problem by switching to PrBoom-Plus, which for some reason worked fine. It's almost definitely not related to any fault of the wad.