Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ArmouredBlood

Making an exp system in zdoom + inventory jenga

I get it's possible to make map specific counters, and probably run-through specific counters since special ammo types continue on. The thing is how to count it from the monster side; would making the variable count up in the monsters' DECORATEs be possible versus making scripts for every monster? For what I was thinking about just making an encounter xp script would require a few extra lines to count how many monsters survived or not, and would have to be checked each time entering and leaving and such.

Also, would it be possible to make an inventory screen kinda like this (motivational poster humor intentional here :P), where you have items with set box space reqs and can be moved around (hence jenga in title)? I'm thinking not without some major graphical overhauls ...

ArmouredBlood said:

Also, would it be possible to make an inventory screen kinda like this (motivational poster humor intentional here :P), where you have items with set box space reqs and can be moved around (hence jenga in title)? I'm thinking not without some major graphical overhauls ...

Get ready to create a lot of art.

Mr. Freeze said:

Get ready to create a lot of art.

Heh, luckily the game is rather old so if I did decide to try making a TC of it I could just rip the bits from it and re-scale it for doom. Simplifying some things obviously - it was a rather resource rich rpg.