Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maggot202

computer stores near near new york area?

Hello
I'd like to know if there are any good and cheap computer stores near new york. The thing is, my father went on vacations there and i'd like to ask him to buy me a graphics card (GeForce 8800 or 9800). Could you give me any advice? (i don't know exactly where is he staying, but i know that is an area full of jewish russians).

Thanks!

Why do we need to know about the jewish russians? Will they give your dad a good deal or something? :P

Anyways, you should just wait until your dad gets home and have him buy you a graphics card from the online computer store Newegg. Their prices will much cheaper then other computer stores.

Well, that would be wonderful, if not for the fact that i'm not from the US of A, i'm but a humble citizen of Chile, where all technology is twice as expensive.
The russian's info was because i thought that maybe there was a special neighborhood where russians used to live, with their shops with advertisement in russian, and shit. Kinda like China town.

The thing to note about Russian Jews is that they aren't like your average Israeli/American Jew. Instead of being rich and crafty, they're usually dirt poor and kind of dumb. There are exceptions like Lament and Darren Aronovsky, though. Also, their last names all end in -sky, so you can spot them from a mile away.

Seriously though, what does that have to do with anything?

There's a Micro Center in Long Island. It's pretty much the last good computer store chain left in the country.

I second Micro Center. Prices as cheap as most online stores, no bullshit, and pretty good customer service. If you can convince your father to make the trip there, it's completely worth it.

hey, this micro center thing seems pretty interesting. Plus, i now think i once heard that my dad's friend (where he's staying) lives in Queens, which is pretty close to long island.

Well, thanks a lot for the tips, i really apreciate it :)

hey guys can you tell me a good place to go swimming in the ocean?

seriously, your original question-statement: "I'd like to know if there are any good and cheap computer stores near new york"
actually, i'm going to leave it at that.
just tell him to go to this microcenter place or newegg it.

maggot202 said:

Plus, i now think i once heard that my dad's friend (where he's staying) lives in Queens, which is pretty close to long island.

Technically, Queens IS on Long Island. However, New Yorkers never refer to any part of Queens or Brooklyn as Long Island, only the suburban/rural areas. In fact, I once told Amaster (who lived in Brooklyn) that it was part of Long Island and he acted like I was crazy. But, it is.

I'm a geography nerd. :P

The Lag said:

just tell him to go to this microcenter place or newegg it.

Thanks for your contribution.