Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

Heretic Texture Wad

i have downloaded heretic texture wad from realm667.com
it's called "baker legacy" okay
when i tried to merge it in my wad it didn't work.
i used to merge doom wads succesfully!
but this...i don't know what's wrong.
please i need help,if some1 knows how to fix it,tell me how.
thanx in advance.

When you say "it didn't work" - in what way? Could you be a little more precise. Is your wad using any of the textures? Are you running it in a source port or Heretic.exe?

in merging,i finished my first map,and now i want to add more textures using xwe.
i launched xwe,opened my wad(so far everything is okay)i clicked on "merge" to merge my wad with the texture wad which called"baker legacy" so merging was done succesfully.
but when i used doombuilder to apply the new graphics,nothing appeared only the original textures.
""i was using the same method to merge doom wads with monsters and textures wads"".

i am uing heretic only(not in hexen format)besides;when i merge some heretic/hexen monsters they look graphicly bad.
try to do the same as i did to find out the problem.
thank you.

saifi said:

i am uing heretic only(not in hexen format)besides;when i merge some heretic/hexen monsters they look graphicly bad.

Well, of course, since the games don't use the same palette.

saifi said:

i am uing heretic only(not in hexen format)

That's where your problem lies, you need GzDoom/ZDoom (Heretic in Hexen format) in order to use those textures since they're in a format vanilla Heretic doesn't recognise. The alternative is to convert the textures to a format Heretic will accept - XWE's not be the best tool for that job since it defaults to the Doom palette, DeuTex might be a better choice.

GreyGhost said:

That's where your problem lies, you need GzDoom/ZDoom (Heretic in Hexen format) in order to use those textures since they're in a format vanilla Heretic doesn't recognise. The alternative is to convert the textures to a format Heretic will accept - XWE's not be the best tool for that job since it defaults to the Doom palette, DeuTex might be a better choice.

You could use SLumpEd to do the conversions pretty easily if you either temporarily change the IWAD specified in its preferences to HERETIC.WAD, or copy Heretic's PLAYPAL lump into your wad, save, and close + reopen it. Once you've done that, just select all of them and right-click -> Convert to Doom Graphic for the textures, and Convert to Doom Flat for the flats.