Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Doomworld confessions

Phobus said:

I rather like this place, despite the lack of activity on my part.

and Quasar, esselfortium and kristus are awesome.

Doom Marine said:

Some semi-coincidental facts about DV and SQUARES:

1. Grazza uploaded SQUARES.WAD
2. I played SQUARES.WAD
3. SQUARES.WAD somewhat resembles a chessboard on the automap.
4. I was a tournament chess player (USCF 1860p9)
5. Grazza is a tournament chess player (FIDE 2100-2300?)
6. I picked up SQUARES.WAD and made DV out of it.
7. Grazza did the newstuff review for DV
8. I posted cock threads
9. Grazza happened upon it and banned me! Checkmate!

you forgot 10. I made CSonicGo play the worst wad I ever made

aca said:

Oh yea fucked my sister too

I know someone who suffered near death and 10% of his brain damaged in a car accident be raped by his sister and her friend. for 4 weeks.

He's 22 now. He has no knowledge of it. How did we find out? they taped it. every one of them. Even while he was in hospital.

The Sister and her douche friend are both in Jail for shoplifting charges.

Exact opposite situation for me. I've finished a few megawads but never a straight play through of Doom 2. I have played every level of Doom 2 to completion though.

Yeah, I've never finished a megawad either, except NDCP1, although most of that I cooped with a friend.

Super Jamie said:

I have never finished all 30+ levels of a megawad besides DOOM2.WAD

I have never finished all 30+ levels of any wad including iwads in single player.

Super Jamie said:

I have never finished all 30+ levels of a megawad besides DOOM2.WAD

I am also guilty of this... Except I did finish Requiem. Once.

In the 90's I usually played Doom1 with god mode and idkfa and used the rocket launcher (and I always used cheat codes in Quake and other fps's like Duke3d, Blood, etc.). It was too hard for me to play without god mode, and just wandering around the level trying to find the exit was enough of a challenge for me (I also used idspispopd often). I eventually played episode 1 without cheats on the easier difficulties. I hated Doom2 in the 90's because the new monsters were way too hard for me. I didn't start playing Doom "seriously" until I joined ZDaemon in 2004. I didn't play a pwad until 2004. In the 90's I occasionally had dreams about Doom-like levels and I always wanted to make my own levels but could never figure out how to use an editor until 2004.

The first wad I ever played was Doom: Rampage Edition. I thought it was awesome so I joined this forum.

Patrick said:

The first wad I ever played was Doom: Rampage Edition. I thought it was awesome so I joined this forum.

Oh dear.

Oh... dear.

I'm the bastard offspring of an AI experiment and a trojan. My ambition is to assimilate the Internet and become your God!

Patrick said:

Well I guess there was bound to be at least one person in the world who actually liked it.

GreyGhost said:

My ambition is to assimilate the Internet and become your God!

Bless-ed are those who knoweth the almighty hypercube.

In nomine Patris, Filii and Spiritus Cani, Amen.

Craigs said:

Well I guess there was bound to be at least one person in the world who actually liked it.

In retrospect, I just went back to play it for old time's sake, and it pretty much does suck. I was convinced it was the best and it was awesome when I first played it. When I first tried it, I tried to get it running with the Vanilla shareware version of Doom, so I was completely baffled on how to get it running. After I discovered ZDoom, it was the first thing I played and I thought it was the shit.

I had played a fair amount of PWADs in the 90s off shovelware CDs. I recall playing alot of obviously shit 94-style WADs and also finding a few memorable ones like Hoover Dam. I somehow missed all the famous ones like AV or even Cleimos (they probably would have been too hard for me back then anyway, I didn't WASD until Half-Life).

The first PWAD that ever blew me away was SlayeR's Doom Redemption. Detail-wise it's a bit messy but the gameplay, battles and locations are very memorable. I'll still play it through once every few months and it feels as familar to me as Episode 1. Also the soundtrack rocks so hard, I have it on my MP3 player.

andrewj said:

Bless-ed are those who knoweth the almighty hypercube.

In nomine Patris, Filii and Spiritus Cani, Amen.

Woof Woof! :P

Snarboo said:

Exact opposite situation for me. I've finished a few megawads but never a straight play through of Doom 2. I have played every level of Doom 2 to completion though.

I think I'm the same way. I know I've played every level and beaten but I don't think I've ever played it entirely from start to finish. I've been meaning to do it hoping to get the best experience out of it, but the maps are just so piss awful about 1/3 of the way through. I often stop around map06 or map08.

I've never once finished any wad over 20 or so levels, unless you count The Ultimate Doom (I've played through all 4 episodes).

kristus said:

If that was the case, then there wouldn't be vodka. Try drinking that if you don't like the taste. If it's good vodka. It's essentially tasteless. (Which is why it's so popular for drinks) There's only the burning sensation from the alcohol.

But if you're drinking cheap shit, (regardless of what it is) you can always expect it to taste just like that.

Yes, this is true. Gordon's is my favorite (it's pretty much the cheapest, too...price is usually not the best indicator). It mixes really well in my white Russians. Even though vodka and rum are both clear "pure" alcohol, vodka doesn't seem to have the terrible aftertaste of rum.

Quasar said:

We already knew most of that. Is it really smart to confess to such things in public though? :P

Have you always been so gullible?

aca said:

Have you always been so gullible?

So you are admitting to lying then. OK, whatever. Not like I care either way, dude.

A long time ago I has a massive e-crush on Picklehammer.

Despite extremely good feedback from the few maps I've let some othesr around the community play, I've never released more than a single map on a public level despite editing off and on since 2003.

Xenphire said:

A long time ago I has a massive e-crush on Picklehammer.

Despite extremely good feedback from the few maps I've let some othesr around the community play, I've never released more than a single map on a public level despite editing off and on since 2003.

You really should release that JDoom project you've shown pics of. I'm not a fan of JDoom at all but I was impressed.

Also, admit that you've had a crush on me too. It's OK. I get the feeling that you're not the only one.

Nomad said:

Also, admit that you've had a crush on me too. It's OK. I get the feeling that you're not the only one.

Who told you!

It's mostly obvious. I mean, Starke Von Oben has some fascination with my sex life. He's clearly trying to tell me something.

It's my personal mapping opinion that More Vertices > More Sectors.